Teach for America
www.teachforamerica.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

You've got to be in it to "win it!"

Teacher (Former Employee)
Hartford, CT

ProsThe training is condensed into 5 weeks, but is rigorous, thorough, and best-practices driven. Student achievement is the centerpiece to everything that you learn, which shows that TFA has the children's best interests at its heart. You get incredible ongoing support from within TFA, as well as continuing education and/or professional development to constantly ensure that you're serving your students well.

ConsOn top of whatever work your school expects from you, TFA requires additional materials that must be turned in. It is a LOT of work, but you know it's to best serve your students. Finding down time can be a challenge, particularly in your first year. You've got to be committed to the cause and to your students in order to make it through the program! Otherwise, you'll fade quickly.

Skip and do the real teacher training

Teacher (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Teach for America full-time for less than a year

Pros: I met some amazing people, amazing students and had the… Cons: No one listens to you. I was placed in a subject field I was not qualified to teach in. No one cared and no one… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your corps members. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A lot of learning, growing, and politcs

Corps Member (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Teach for America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great way to make a difference. Pay is decent if you consider the… Cons: Tons of politics within the corporate staff. Placement can be difficult, and also there is a wide variance between placement schools. So some CMs may… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure every region is truly living up to the… More
There are newer reviews on Teach for America.

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teach for America CEO Matthew Kramer & Elisa Villanueva Beard . All reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees.