Team Health
www.teamhealth.com Knoxville, TN 5000+ Employees

Terrible company, management, and culture. Last resort job only!

Lead Clinical Information Manager (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Team Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking at the hospital was a wonderful experience, very eye opening, and the physicians are all great. If this is what you are looking for, stick to working as a Clinical Information Manager, and stay away from taking on the role as lead as it will force you to be more involved in company culture and more involved with management. A warning to those that do take on a position as a Clinical Information Manager: Even if you are not a lead, you will have to deal with management and it is stressful and incredibly frustrating.

ConsManagement simply put, does not know how to manage. Some of the managers do not even have college degrees, and those that do have absolutely no management experience, and their lack of experience and education clearly show in their work. They have created a hostile environment to work in where there is constant backbiting, and they will find fault in your work, causing you to constantly be on edge about what they may find wrong next (even if nothing is in fact wrong with your work). They look for opportunities to write people up and I once saw somebody's write up including going to the restroom during a meeting... no joke. Management constantly talks down to its employees and acts as though they are superior. They have no idea how to motivate people and through their power-pushing ways, they push people away and cause them to be less interested in what they do. It is very, very unfortunate as there are some very smart people that take on this job. As a lead at a facility, I would constantly see how disgruntled people were with TeamHealth, their management, and culture.

This place is so bad its seriously fit for a reality TV show.
I don't recommend it at all as it causes a lot of unnecessary stress in your life. Fortunately, there are many other scribe companies going strong in Houston, so I would definitely look around prior to taking on this position. It will save a lot of stress.

Poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Team Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: People outside of your department genuinely care about how you… Cons: Micro-managing, lack of interest from manager, not enough training Advice to Senior Management: Take some time to train your employees. Do not expect them to come in with a full understanding of what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Physicians should know the business model they are getting into

Emergency Physician (Former Employee)

I worked at Team Health as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Flexible scheduling, lots of locations at which to work. Cons: No benefits, a very large portion of your earnings skimmed off the top to pay for a VERY large organization with big salaries, as an… Advice to Senior Management: Get leaner, and pay they physician more of what they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Team Health.

Worked for Team Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Team Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Team Health CEO Greg Roth. All reviews posted anonymously by Team Health employees.