Team Health

www.teamhealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Team Health

Love It! What more could you want??

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alcoa, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alcoa, TN

I have been working at Team Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits = Great! PTO time is 3 weeks and they are very flexible in my department
Production Bonus's are very nice every 3 months!!
I've always worked in management so it's nice to go to work, put in your 8 hrs and go home!
Co-workers are very nice and friendly
Promotions/advancement within the company
Your very own cubicle space to decorate as you please
I stay busy all day, always have something to do so the day goes by fast

Cons

Training=Terrible... I spent 3 days learning the general system and then a day or two with a senior but they too have to meet production at the same time so you feel like a bother..
They need a specific training department of 4 or 5 people so their job is just to train.. They need to have a handbook/cheat sheet for all they types of insurances such as Medicare, Medicaid, W/C, etc. You have no idea all the different rules & regulations, forms etc.
Also, depends on who ends up sitting with you the 1st week but everybody trains/teaches so there is no standard!!

Pay scale could be better... Haven't seen a raise yet..

Above notes... TRAINING! Pay Rate increases every so often..

58 Other Employee Reviews for Team Health (View Most Recent)

This company is all false promises of support and structure.

Former Employee - Facility Medical Director
    Former Employee - Facility Medical Director

I worked at Team Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Large company with national "support"
    - The best advantage to working with them is likely the risk management resources aimed at helping their physician clients
    - Malpractice coverage, CME reimbursement, lots of job openings and opportunity for advancement

Cons

- Poor communication, they try to make up quality communication with quantity of emails and forced leader rounding but rarely have communication that is not redundant or misinformation. With constant changing infrastructure it is nearly impossible to have a go-to contact person for any specific area (support staff, human resources, recruiting).
    - Very poor recruitment and use of sister company (D&Y) for locums support. The work ethic and attitude was less than expected. Their ability to expedite the application and credentialing process was surprisingly non-existent.
    - Very "ER-centric". Despite the company promoting a combined service line approach to their marketing and sales pitch. In my opinion, the goal for improving patient care and effective utilization of services took a "back seat" to focusing on revenue.
    - Benefits are not attractive.
    - Non-sustainable growth. They focus on getting contracts and buying up smaller companies, but do very little to sustain the satisfaction of their current employees and only superficially seem to care about maintaining their hospital clients' satisfaction. Those who are willing to work, seem to get worked into the ground.

The actions of this company do not reflect their vision or mission statement, at least in my experience.

See above. Do an exit interview on employees and use that information moving foward.

Negative

I worked at Team Health

Pros

Fast-paced environment; it's a job

Cons

Tricky to learn how to advance; very low pay

There are newer employer reviews for Team Health