There are newer employer reviews for Team Health

Great company!! IT's nice to feel like you are making a difference!

I have been working at Team Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in. They have good benefits and friendly, helpful staff.
I am a strong supporter and believer of their excellent Mission / Vision / and Values!

Cons

Salary for workload could be improved
Consistency in communication could be improved
Some process improvement could be made - but no where is perfect!

Cultivate from within - Loyalty counts

46 Other Employee Reviews for Team Health (View Most Recent)

Everyone that works here calls it Team Hell for a reason.

Current Employee - Spreadsheet Wizard
    Current Employee - Spreadsheet Wizard

I have been working at Team Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you love working in a stale, moderate toned, stadium sized sea of cubicles that seconds as a meat grinder for the human soul, then you'll absolutely LOVE working at Team Health!

Cons

The wages are awful and the health insurance and other benefits aren't any better. For a primary healthcare billing center that deals with hundreds of mainstream health insurance companies you would think the benefits would be awesome and dirt cheap, but they aren't. You have to kill yourself to get a pay increase even though the company is profiting hand over fist right now. Our productivity in our billing center is though the roof, but they won't hire any new help to keep the workflow going. They expect everything and give nothing in return except low wages, excuses, and stress.

As well, like a lot of modern corporations, they rely to much on "Senior knowledge" rather than the real computer guru's, techs, and college grads with actual business degrees that know the software and how to utilize technology to be more productive. It is in one ear and out the other with management and the Luddites that only keep their jobs due to cronyism and nepotism. Also, like a lot of modern office spaces, it is just a realm of empty promises and emptier chest cavities where hearts used to be. They hire you, you take it desperately seeking employment, they see you doing well, the blow smoke up your ass a little while, and then "BAM!" they expect you to be their contingency plan when the idea's they had fall apart.
    If I had a dime for every time I said, "I told you so", to some senior staffer I'd probably own the place by now. That, and the management, if it exists, doesn't listen or keep an eye on anything. Even though the place is booming profit wise right now, it comes at the cost of a workforce that is slowly waking up to the fact that this place is an utter grind-house and that there are much better opportunities elsewhere.

How they've made it so far with the people that run the place now is a mystery to me. Half of them don't know Excel past an hour long 101 course, they harp about productivity and doing more work even though the workload has increased over 60% in the two and half years I've been employed there, and the minimum standard keeps rising month over month with no compensation or additional help to go with it. It is insane, and they are literally at the cusp of digging their own corporate grave if this trend continues. What used to be a comfy full time job when I started is now a daily workload hell that gets worse every month. No matter how many times I bring up the data and facts at meetings, nobody is willing to listen! The fact is that you can only push your staff for so long, and for so hard, before they start dropping like flies.

Come out of your damned offices and see what is happening out on the processing floor of the billing center from time to time. Instead of spending all your time counting the money, it might be nice to see that people are killing themselves to make all that money.

Love It! What more could you want??

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alcoa, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alcoa, TN

I have been working at Team Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits = Great! PTO time is 3 weeks and they are very flexible in my department
    Production Bonus's are very nice every 3 months!!
    I've always worked in management so it's nice to go to work, put in your 8 hrs and go home!
    Co-workers are very nice and friendly
    Promotions/advancement within the company
    Your very own cubicle space to decorate as you please
    I stay busy all day, always have something to do so the day goes by fast

Cons

Training=Terrible... I spent 3 days learning the general system and then a day or two with a senior but they too have to meet production at the same time so you feel like a bother..
    They need a specific training department of 4 or 5 people so their job is just to train.. They need to have a handbook/cheat sheet for all they types of insurances such as Medicare, Medicaid, W/C, etc. You have no idea all the different rules & regulations, forms etc.
    Also, depends on who ends up sitting with you the 1st week but everybody trains/teaches so there is no standard!!

Pay scale could be better... Haven't seen a raise yet..

Above notes... TRAINING! Pay Rate increases every so often..

There are newer employer reviews for Team Health

Worked for Team Health? Contribute to the Community!