A great place to work.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at TeamHealth

Pros

I always get the credit for the work I do. People say "Thank You" and mean it. People are genuinely concerned and compassionate when something is wrong and gladly give you time off for sickness or just to attend a function at your child's school. I'm treated with respect and I'm happy to be here every day!

Cons

Benefits are a bit pricey but not out of line. Communication can sometimes be an issue, but people always seem to be willing to answer if you ask. However, too many people ask for virtually the same thing but go about it in different ways or ask it of several different people. The result is several people continually reinventing the wheel.

Advice to Management

Take some of the power away from the HR department. While their HR skills are just fine, they are probably not the people who should be leading community activity events or company events. Form a committee and let some creative people take control of those duties. Also, you really need to do something to make your company visable to the community. Build a Habitat house or support some other charitable event. Host something! Give people free time off to participate in a toy drive or to deliver meals on wheels.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Opportunity for advancement is available if you work for it.

Former Employee - Data Management in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Data Management in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at TeamHealth

Pros

Job security and most of the people are very nice. I've never heard of a layoff happening within this company.

Cons

There is no tuition reimbursement and not many training opportunities. Team Health does not provide the opportunities or training for this particular location that I believe they apply for other locations. This location almost operates as a separate entity and the funds are not there to properly recognize and provide growth for it's employees.

Advice to Management

Don't put up with a few people taking advantage of policies and bullying the company and people within the company.

No Team, Some Health, Little Diversity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at TeamHealth

Pros

People. People. People. This is a big company and made some friends for life.

Cons

Confederacy of separate "States" searching for direction. Big. Some very arrogant by being #1 or #2 market leader. Lack of innovation or creative executives. Very bottom line driven vs. people/customer driven. Slow decision making, CEO needs to sign-off on purchasing office supplies, doesn't seem very strategic and good use of senior talents.

Advice to Management

Very disconnected and victim of their past success. What else would expect from 19 white middle aged males (oops I think they have a middle aged white female token) part of the "diversified" senior executives. http://www.teamhealth.com/about_us/leadership.htm Nice "group think" approach reminds one of Mr. Tate of Bewitched fame. Perhaps diversifying your management team with more Women, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, since they do represent more than 50% of US population and profile of healthcare industry. Old school management “Good Old Boy”(GOB) team blending the best of "Northern Charm" and "Southern Quickness". After 30 years leading TH is it time for CEO to retire, and bring in a new CEO (women or non-white male GOB) outsider that is smart, Wall Street proven and can innovate and communicate to employees, customers and investors? Time for Change.