Teavana

www.teavana.com

I love my job despite some issues.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsThis is the first job I have ever worked in which you really do feel a "family" environment with most other employees and managers. My store has a group of very like minded individuals and you feel comfort in your surroundings. The managers (including the GM) treat you like a human being and a fellow adult, which is very rare in retail, though I'm sure all stores are not as lucky as we are. I think the benefits are nice which include a 40% off discount, free tea, insurance, promotion from with in, and occasional gifts/prizes for hard work. Physically the job is rather easy on ones body as well compared to other retail or food service positions. The training is great and you learn a lot about what you are selling.

ConsThere are to many sales oriented goals that make little to no since. I can understand selling indicators but I will never understand the average sales per ticket insanity. At the end of the day the price of a cup of tea is still going into the company's pocket so why should I be punished for selling it? A Dollar is a Dollar.
I think team members who purposefully steal sales should be punished and not rewarded because they made a great sale at the expense of another TEAM mate. I think how hours are based needs serious improvement. I also think zoning needs to be strictly adhered to for EVERY one not just for those of us who have a strong work ethic. Also rotate who gets the counter on zoning days during peek hours. We all deserve a peek hour on counter at least once a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo senior management/The OWNERS/stock holders. You need to readjust your thinking on all your sales goals and what constitutes an employee "paying for themselves". Its not all whats on paper. It involves a great attitude, cleaning and maintenance, team work ect. All of which you can't see on paper, only the managers on duty can see. Also ACTUALLY pay commission. If I'm five dollars under for the entire month I wont get my meager 2% but I will have to worry about getting wrote up?? That is just bad business. Raise your commission percentage and make it where we automatically get it. Also lower your hourly expectations we are in an economic crisis and you sell a luxury item.

Your hours depend on your sales DON'T EVER WORK HERE

Team Member (Current Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Teavana

Pros: Free tea 40% discount You get paid ever week Cons: Where do I begin Pushy sales tactics Very sales driven Robotic script WHOEVER IS BEHIND THE COUNTER MAINLY MANAGERS WILL PRESSURE YOU TO SELL BUT TAKE YOUR SALES Low… Advice to Senior Management: STOP STEALING SALES Give the people that sample practically all day more counter time and give them better hours so that they're not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I am passionate and loyal but am dissapointed about their long term thinking about how to handle successful employees

General Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Teavana

Pros: 40% discount on tea and product. Growth within the company.… Cons: At this point there is no long term incentive for… Advice to Senior Management: consider what other companies have done in terms of merit… More

There are newer reviews on Teavana.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!