There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

I love my job despite some issues.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winston-Salem, NC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Teavana

Pros

This is the first job I have ever worked in which you really do feel a "family" environment with most other employees and managers. My store has a group of very like minded individuals and you feel comfort in your surroundings. The managers (including the GM) treat you like a human being and a fellow adult, which is very rare in retail, though I'm sure all stores are not as lucky as we are. I think the benefits are nice which include a 40% off discount, free tea, insurance, promotion from with in, and occasional gifts/prizes for hard work. Physically the job is rather easy on ones body as well compared to other retail or food service positions. The training is great and you learn a lot about what you are selling.

Cons

There are to many sales oriented goals that make little to no since. I can understand selling indicators but I will never understand the average sales per ticket insanity. At the end of the day the price of a cup of tea is still going into the company's pocket so why should I be punished for selling it? A Dollar is a Dollar. I think team members who purposefully steal sales should be punished and not rewarded because they made a great sale at the expense of another TEAM mate. I think how hours are based needs serious improvement. I also think zoning needs to be strictly adhered to for EVERY one not just for those of us who have a strong work ethic. Also rotate who gets the counter on zoning days during peek hours. We all deserve a peek hour on counter at least once a month.

Advice to Management

To senior management/The OWNERS/stock holders. You need to readjust your thinking on all your sales goals and what constitutes an employee "paying for themselves". Its not all whats on paper. It involves a great attitude, cleaning and maintenance, team work ect. All of which you can't see on paper, only the managers on duty can see. Also ACTUALLY pay commission. If I'm five dollars under for the entire month I wont get my meager 2% but I will have to worry about getting wrote up?? That is just bad business. Raise your commission percentage and make it where we automatically get it. Also lower your hourly expectations we are in an economic crisis and you sell a luxury item.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Your hours depend on your sales DON'T EVER WORK HERE

Current Employee - Team Member in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Teavana

Pros

Free tea 40% discount You get paid ever week

Cons

Where do I begin Pushy sales tactics Very sales driven Robotic script WHOEVER IS BEHIND THE COUNTER MAINLY MANAGERS WILL PRESSURE YOU TO SELL BUT TAKE YOUR SALES Low pay Hours depend on how much you sell which isn't fair because a month ago my hours were drastically cut Not enough counter time and they expect you to make your sales goals Bad hours

Advice to Management

STOP STEALING SALES Give the people that sample practically all day more counter time and give them better hours so that they're not always closing Fully and properly train your employees Let the customers buy the amount of tea that they want and don't lie to them

I am passionate and loyal but am dissapointed about their long term thinking about how to handle successful employees

Current Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Teavana

Pros

40% discount on tea and product. Growth within the company. Part and full time benefits, along with 401K. Hourly pay.

Cons

At this point there is no long term incentive for successful employees to remain loyal, there are caps on wages.

Advice to Management

consider what other companies have done in terms of merit increases for their successful long term employees. Give thoughtful reviews.