There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Decent part time job

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Teavana for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good tea
-Fun people to work with sometimes

Cons

-Catty atmosphere
-Sales felt too pushy

295 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

Teavana is the Devil

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Teavana part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free tea during shifts, uniforms are not required but no jeans or flip flops, a nice discount for employees.

Cons

Hiring managers never mentioned that the job was sales based during the interview. Had I known I would have never taken the job offer in the first place. I did not find out the job was sales based until my second week of training. But, I decided to stick it out since I was almost done with training and just went with it. It turned out to be a huge waste of time. Not to mention the training is the most ridiculous training I have ever experienced. The training manager was basically teaching employees how to lie and trick customers into buying over priced tea. On to of that the pay sucked! For the amount of work that you do it really is not worth it. The management was so horrible, they would never give feedback or coach employees on how to improve. I felt lost a lot of the time.
    I can't forget to mention the sales tactics. They are probably the most shady I have ever encountered. If you are a natural born hustler, this job is for you.

Hire people who actually know how to manage a store. Pay your employees more and enough with the shady tactics!

An alright job to get you through college.

Former Employee - Operations Team Lead  in  Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Team Lead in Roseville, CA

I worked at Teavana

Pros

It is a job that is flexible in scheduling.

Cons

It is a place that is so focused on sales that there is a tendency to place great sales people into managerial roles they are ill-suited for.

A focus on sales is necessary for the success of the company, but current standards alienate customers. There needs to be a greater emphasis on customer satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!