There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Fun job for people NOT in need of money

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Teaologist  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Teaologist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Teavana part-time for less than a year

Pros

free tea
weekly pay
fun environment

Teavana can be a very fun place to work as many of the people that work there are just really cool people, and you have the advantage of drinking free tea all day (which really comes in handy when you are stressed, tired, or hungry). They also sometimes give you free stuff which is really cool and I have lucked out by getting an AMAZING manager! I haven't worked here too long (about 3 months), but I have heard about rumblings of parties and such things if we meet sales goals which is really a great incentive to meet those goals.

Cons

hours are hard to come by and are not steady
Training can be way too time consuming.

Let me start off by saying that I am a college student who took this job hoping to make a couple of bucks before school started. This however did not happen. I was told that there was a 3 week training period which already seemed very long to me but there is A LOT to learn. Through this process, you work approximately 5 hours a week. My training, however, seemed to last about 5 or 6 weeks. I figured my hours would pick up after training but I am only working 1 day a week and have yet to see a check over $50. So be weary if you actually have bills to pay.

Hours based simply on how much you sell is quite unfair considering the fact that some days are MUCH slower than others.

296 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

There is always something to do, no down time at this company.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Teavana full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like to be busy, love to talk to customers all day lone this is the position for you ! The general manager is responsible for their own personal sales as well as store sales, and you are rewarded fairly.

Cons

Little time to train staff. Staff does not always responded to copy the manager approach of training. Staff turn over is higher than expected do to intense training system. This is not the job for people who have insecurities.

Agressive sales but possibility to move up quickly

Current Employee - "teaologist" Sales Team Member  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - "teaologist" Sales Team Member in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Teavana part-time for less than a year

Pros

Somewhat quick to move up in the company (especially to team lead)

Cons

There is a reason you can move up quickly and it doesn't all have to do with expansion. You will often get mixed messages of when your sales process is unethical and how much they actually want you to push the customer to buy something. Teavana does not know the meaning of consent. As part of the sales process we may jus start scooping in the tea into a until you tell us to stop and try to distract you so that doesn't happen. I will acknowledge that your experience may vary from store to store but for the most part this is consistent and I know a lot of the culture of aggressive sales (refers to 5 times no rule) is engrained in their training manuals.

Some of the sales tac tics maybe outdated to when the company first started and was less recognized (still a relatively new company).

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!