Teavana
www.teavana.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Meh...

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsEveryone on staff is really nice! They're helpful and knowledgable about the products. You get free tea on the job and 40% off most store products.

ConsThe salary (minimum wage) is NOT enough for what is expected of you. There is a 200 page manual that they essentially ask you to memorize during your 21 day training. It's a lot of information to take in, and the corporate offices are very strict on how they want you to sell items, including an order of how to walk customers through the store, which includes a lot of up-selling and if anyone followed it 100% it would probably come off as extremely pushy to a customer!

A great company when I started, a steaming pile of turnover and burnouts when I left.

General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Teavana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Competitive atmosphere that can be fun if the general manager and area manager are… Cons: Don't plan on staying long, from my experience the average lifespan of a teavana team member is about six months, and most are either fired… Advice to Senior Management: The biggest gap in the company has always been the AM's and RD's, the liasons between corporate and store levels. There is little compliance… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This Place Sucks

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Teavana part-time for more than a year

Pros: I guess your check comes on time, that's a plus Cons: But the pay is terrible and the pressure is awful Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Teavana.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teavana reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teavana CEO Andrew T. Mack. All reviews posted anonymously by Teavana employees.