Teavana

www.teavana.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Better than most retail jobs.

Current Employee - Team Lead
Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Teavana full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Free tea while you work (this means you know your product really well and I'm assuming since you work in a tea store you love tea, so it's amazing.)
-40% off mechandise and tea
-starting wage is above minimum wage. You get a raise every year
-Great co-workers. Everyone tends to be under 35. So it's a very fun and hip environment to work in.
-Great training. You will have tea facts spilling out of your ears.
-It's super easy to get a promotion if you just do your job well.

Cons

-The company does essentially write out a 'script' for you to say to customers.I've found it doesn't really work with customers so I changed my tactics (Yes, you can do this.... gasp!) and found i sold alot more. As long as you are selling something.
-the benifit system... oh my.... it's unrealistic due to the fact most malls Teavana are in have slow traffic and those that have high traffic are over staffed.
-The sample cart. Hours of being said no to free tea samples. Who doesn't want free tea? Jeez.

Loosen up on the script, the pushy sales process and loose the single person benifit system. A store benift system will work. Aka, if the store reaches it's goal we get a bonus. It's not like we can't see who isn't doing thier job. Trust us.

355 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

Definitely more Cons than Pros

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Teavana part-time (less than a year)

Pros

- The 40% discount is great
    - Drink free tea while at work (not like you'll have time to anyway)
    - If the manager isn't working then you are under less pressure, you still have to sell, but you can sell how you want. And in the end sell more because you don't have someone constantly nagging at you to sell.

I think that it really depends on the team and the management you have that either make or break your experience. Espcially if you're a high volume store, and it's sad to say that this job made me really hate retail. Most jobs I've had have been retail and working at a restaurant washing dishes is looking a lot more apealing than working here.

Cons

- Nagging from manager about sales when one is clearly trying.
    - Hours are based on sales so if you did horrible one week, you'll get 1 four hour shift the next week almost guaranteed.
    - I have and other coworkers as well have been talked down to and lectured like children when not "doing something right" according to the manager. (No respect)

Honestly not as an insult, please put people in management who can speak english right and we can actually understand and be able to hold a discussion with, all the way up to regional director. Also please don't encourage (if you do) to lecture your sales associates like children, if we don't feel respected, we won't respect you. Simple as that.
    Also if you want us to sell so much why not give us comission on what we sell? I'm pretty sure almost 95% of your employees will sell a lot more.

Retail, it is what it is, all about sales

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Teavana part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot about tea. Many opportunities to advance if you choose to. Many locations. Nice employee benefits.

Cons

The sale process is rather rigid. Customers will not always love you, so expect complaints. It is a retail environment, and earning commission is based on your personal sales, so it is not always guaranteed and relationships between employees can get strained. High employee turn-over rate.

Focus more on the sales process, it is flawed and has room for growth. Also make an attempt not to have such a high employee turnover rate.

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana