Teavana

www.teavana.com

Great place to start a career and move up quickly.

Former Employee - Manager In Training
Former Employee - Manager In Training

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up if you work hard and implement their sales process. I believe this is a great place to start your career, move up, get experience and then move on. If you are a strong sales person expect to work every weekend. There is a lot of pressure to meet/exceed sales goal which is not necessarily a bad thing because you gain a lot of sales knowledge if that's what you're looking for. The management training program in Atlanta, Georgia was excellent when Blaga was in charge (not sure what it's like now but I'm sure it's still good).

Cons

Can often work for incompetent and unprofessional managers. Many managers are young and with no previous management experience. To bring in customers, everyone must sample which got old after about a year or so. Sometimes need to be very pushy and almost deceptive to be a very successful sales person at this company.

I enjoyed the recognition in the "tea scoop" and daily "top 50" list. I have heard that this has stopped and I think it was more valuable in motivating and inspiring us that you can imagine.

Other reviews for Teavana

Terrible, run away, seek employment elsewhere!!!!

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

40% discount on products.. Cups of tea for yourself while at work... And that is it!

Cons

Health Benefits God Awful, upper mgmt motto is; be grateful you have a job and keep your mouth shut because there are a 100 other people who could take your place, when you go to hr for help they will use it against you - "open door policy is a joke" very unethical company, my boss would have me " work " people out of system by giving 5 hours or less a week to people until they quit.. The sales process is ridiculous, you literally have a text book on how to push very expensive teas and tea pots, they have entire sales process scripted complete with responses to all and any objections, very very very high stress and pushy sales atmosphere.. Check Yelp reviews most people HATE walking into a Teavana

Andy and Peter Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, hopefully Starbucks can teach you and upper mgmt how to actually value and respect employees

High turnover, tons of pressure

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

Pros

Free cups of tea during shifts, 40% discount, and if you can put up with the job you can move up in the company pretty quickly.

Cons

My store opened a couple months ago and since then we've lost 10 employees and there are grumblings that a few others might leave. There is a TON of pressure to make sales, if ou don't, you don't get shifts. Some of my coworkers work one day very other week.

They make their bonus system sound amazing but it's very difficult to achieve. Employees at my store are expected to make $90/ hr and $145/hr during Christmas. Which is pretty difficult when you work weekday mornings and others only work weekends when it's busy and easy to make money. Their zoning system is pretty awful, too. Management usually schedules themselves to work the tea counter durning the weekends and that's where the money is made. It's bull. If I didn't need this job I'd have quit already.

Let others work tea counter during zoning times and take into account whether people are working weekdays or weekends when determining hourly sales goals AND dont count the hour it takes to close the store against the hourly sales goal! There's no possible way to make money when the store is closed so we should be expected to.

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!