There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Very Fast Paced! Many opportunities to grow!

Former Employee - Team Member in Natick, MA
Former Employee - Team Member in Natick, MA

I worked at Teavana part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The enviroment is fast paced so you learn alot and they want you to move up!

Cons

The management was not understanding of my work schedule and would schedule me when I told them I could only work a certain amount of hours.

You need to have your managers understand that some employees cannot work certain hours or over a certain amount! A lot of the employees are college students!

309 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a career and move up quickly.

Former Employee - Manager In Training
    Former Employee - Manager In Training

I worked at Teavana full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up if you work hard and implement their sales process. I believe this is a great place to start your career, move up, get experience and then move on. If you are a strong sales person expect to work every weekend. There is a lot of pressure to meet/exceed sales goal which is not necessarily a bad thing because you gain a lot of sales knowledge if that's what you're looking for. The management training program in Atlanta, Georgia was excellent when Blaga was in charge (not sure what it's like now but I'm sure it's still good).

Cons

Can often work for incompetent and unprofessional managers. Many managers are young and with no previous management experience. To bring in customers, everyone must sample which got old after about a year or so. Sometimes need to be very pushy and almost deceptive to be a very successful sales person at this company.

I enjoyed the recognition in the "tea scoop" and daily "top 50" list. I have heard that this has stopped and I think it was more valuable in motivating and inspiring us that you can imagine.

Terrible, run away, seek employment elsewhere!!!!

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Teavana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

40% discount on products.. Cups of tea for yourself while at work... And that is it!

Cons

Health Benefits God Awful, upper mgmt motto is; be grateful you have a job and keep your mouth shut because there are a 100 other people who could take your place, when you go to hr for help they will use it against you - "open door policy is a joke" very unethical company, my boss would have me " work " people out of system by giving 5 hours or less a week to people until they quit.. The sales process is ridiculous, you literally have a text book on how to push very expensive teas and tea pots, they have entire sales process scripted complete with responses to all and any objections, very very very high stress and pushy sales atmosphere.. Check Yelp reviews most people HATE walking into a Teavana

Andy and Peter Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, hopefully Starbucks can teach you and upper mgmt how to actually value and respect employees

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana