Teavana

www.teavana.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Sales driven, pay is okay.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Teavana full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are generally nice, some general managers run prizes so you can get free things. The discount is pretty good. I've worked at numerous stores and found job satisfaction is highly depends on management and store. Promotion is easy, as it is expanding quickly.

Cons

VERY sales driven. They want you to be very pushy. I was very successful and ranked highly amongst the entire company each week but would still be scolded for my friendly sales tactics and not following the script precisely. Many people cannot handle the pressure.

Give your workers freedom to add a personal touch that works for them.

358 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

I Didn't Have A Chance....

Former Employee - Sales Associate (MOA) in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (MOA) in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Teavana part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You'll learn so much about tea and all its benefits. You get free drinks while working. I'm sure you get a discount on the merchandise but I wasn't there long enough to benefit from that. I honestly can't think of any more good things about this job. I just wasn't given the opportunity to experience anything else.

Cons

This job is all about sales. Sales, sales, sales, oh and more sales. There only goal is to get people to buy cast iron merchandise. The entire sales process is focused on this. You start off by sampling tea and then showing merchandise and then showing tea (they only sell loose leaf), and then back to showing merchandise. Of course this is a sales job but its entirely too pushy. Honestly I never had a problem with it being sales assuming that they would provide me with the necessary tools in order to reach my personal sales goals. The training manual is the size of one of those huge, boring tax law books no one reads at the public library. Its broken up into days and each day you are learning something new. There are three "tests" you have to take and honestly that's all I can say about it because I was let go before I took any of them. I was employed at Teavana for only three weeks and was let go because I was told that I'm not a 'sales sales' person but more a 'customer service' sales person. Oh and because I hadn't had any sales with the company yet. 100% did not see that coming. I hadn't yet learned the register and my name wasn't even in the system yet! But I say what the hell...I don't wanna work somewhere I'm not wanted. I think that the time between when your hired and the duration of your training your employment there has already been determined. Funny thing but I actually wanted to work there. I needed a job so bad and I had one with them, but they refused to accept my determination and my ability to do the job.

Help out new employees by teaching them the necessary things in order to be successful in the company...like how to use the register right off the bat if you expect them to have sales the minutes their hired.

Started off great, ended with no real explaination

Former Employee - Team Lead in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Richmond, VA

I worked at Teavana full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Drinking tea and...well that's all.

Cons

The horrible sales pitches, the ridiculous schemes...its just bad vibes all around.

Try treating employes and customer like actual people instead of sheep.

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana