Teavana
www.teavana.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Overwhelming and Stressful! Not good for a first job!

Teaologist/Tea Maker (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Teavana part-time for less than a year

ProsFree drinks on the clock.
Awesome discounts (sometimes free merchandise)
Amazing co-workers :)
Really helps boost your people and communication skills
Sometimes you meet wonderful people

ConsToo much pressure on sales goals. It's really ridiculous because what you sell, it's NEVER enough. You're constantly trying to convince customers to buy over-priced tea/tea sets/merchandise. Constantly trying to up-sell when the customers really aren't even interested. When customers just want to browse and look around you always have to go and bother them with questions and shadow their every move. I had a wonderful boss who was funny and friendly but when it came to work, it was just way too demanding and every thing I did I felt like it was never good enough to secure a solid position there.

If you don't reach your sales goals then they will write you up. (At least that's what happened to me) So I never returned to that place and I'm glad I did so. I worked there for about 3 months and overall, I thought it was a good experience. Although I don't agree with how things are run at Teavana, it really helped your knowledge of tea and the benefits from it. Also you learn so much from sales, customer service, and just meeting so many different people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the sales goals. Appreciate the employees more. Stop hovering over customers like animals.

Favoritism and ridiculous ideas about the tea experience

Team Lead (Current Employee)
Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Teavana full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's great that you can drink as much tea as you like during your shift. The discount changed from 40% to 30% which isn't awesome… Cons: I have so many cons I could go on and on about. Teavana has been my worst job so far. The company is so sales… Advice to Senior Management: Don't overlook incompetent managers simply because they meet their sales goals. From what I've seen, these managers steal most of their sales from other employees.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

We were trained to be robots of deception.

Team Lead (Former Employee)

I worked at Teavana part-time for more than a year

Pros: Generally the underlings were fun people to work with, and… Cons: You are trained to lie to people. Management would awkwardly inject themselves into any sale that was looking good and then ring it up under… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Teavana.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teavana reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teavana CEO Andrew T. Mack. All reviews posted anonymously by Teavana employees.