Great company

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Teavana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company,good benefits supportive upper management.

Cons

Don't change anything and continue to be supportive.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not great, not terrible, but generally unhappy

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Teavana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Good product *You will learn many sales skills *Many locations means if you move you will probably be able to transfer to another store *Moving expenses paid for if you are a GM *Training process is very complete *Potential for limited regional travel *Quick promotions

Cons

*Low pay *Hours are veriable if you are not AGM or higher *Company neglects to enforce HR policies *HR is a mess. It is hard to get anyone on the phone to help, and often times they do not have the answers. *My biggest complaint was upper management's deliberate ignorance when it came to HR violations made by an Area Manager

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the turn over rate in specific areas. There are instances of management ignoring HR violations, seemingly because they are inconvenient.

2. Not even a good job for college students

Former Employee - Teaologist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Teaologist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Teavana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free tea while at work Co-workers tend to be really awesome (you'll grow closer from being put through this environment)

Cons

The environment is incredibly unhealthy. My manager constantly worked on fear tactics to get our team to work harder while he barely worked all day. Many of us were threatened to be fired for having low sales per hour even though the mall was clearly going through periods of low foot traffic (management doesn't care at all). The hours are abysmal unless you're having a good sales week which is completely unfair because one bad week can set you back for an incredibly long time. There is also clear favoritism shown in the store where certain employees get to sit around and talk while the rest of us are berated. I'm sure not all of the stores are like this because we have had people who transferred to my store and wound up quitting but they're honestly not too much better. Another huge disadvantage to work here is the lack of communication. Many times, our employees wold not find out their schedules until the Monday of that week! We would also have sales promotions that half of the store just wouldn't even know about.

Advice to Management

The entire system behind Teavana is simply not well thought out. You want to be one of the top employers to work for yet you abuse your employees. This only hurts you in the long run because the knowledge behind these teas takes time so the high turnover rate you currently have only leaves lesser informed employees. What many of the people in management positions exhibit is full on bullying. I thought that the Starbucks merger would start to make the company more customer service oriented but after 7 months without any change I decided it was time for me to leave.