There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Loved for years, hate towards the End

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Teavana part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked there for two and a half years, and for my first two years, it was a wonderful experience and company. They train you well, and it's a fun, fast paced environment. It's not for the faint of heart though, because it is competitive and they expect you to make certain sales goals, though if you work hard and follow their process, it isn't very difficult. It's also incredibly easy to move up in the company if you work hard. You also get free cups of tea and discounts at there and Starbucks. My first few years I was fortunate enough to have really fantastic managers and area mangers who helped shape this experience into a positive one.

Cons

When you get a bad area manager or manager, you're going to have a bad time. Especially when one is so focused on the bottom line, and when things start going tough, yell instead of trying to help or offer solutions. That is the main reason why I am leaving the company, is because a bad area manager has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Plus sampling can be a drag if you make it.

If you set high goals, make sure you aid us in helping to achieve them and continue to make it a fun work environment. I know from years there, happy employees make more money.

reviews filtered by
  1. High pressure sales made working there horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Teavana part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can drink all the tea you want for free while working.

Cons

Every employee is required to memorize a script and stick to it, NO MATTER WHAT! You are expected to take EVERY customer through a tour of the store that begins with the most expensive item in the store (the cast iron tea set), and and ends up at the counter with the employee pouring tea into a 1 pound container and pushing up to 5 times (it's in the manuel that people need to hear new information 5 times) to get them to purchase so that they can save a whole 10%. You want to save money, right? We were required to say that too.

Stop forcing employees and customers to take the scripted tour of the store that pushes high priced items. Stop forcing employees to push the 1 pound tin which degrades customers that either don't want to or can't afford to spend over $100 for tea.

2. Tea-gatory

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbia X Rd, PA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Columbia X Rd, PA

I have been working at Teavana full-time (more than a year)

Pros

free tea... that's about it.

Cons

pushy sales, too much responsibility for the low pay, Area managers controlling your life

stop screaming and treating people like they do not matter.

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana