Teavana

www.teavana.com

Loved for years, hate towards the End

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI've worked there for two and a half years, and for my first two years, it was a wonderful experience and company. They train you well, and it's a fun, fast paced environment. It's not for the faint of heart though, because it is competitive and they expect you to make certain sales goals, though if you work hard and follow their process, it isn't very difficult. It's also incredibly easy to move up in the company if you work hard. You also get free cups of tea and discounts at there and Starbucks. My first few years I was fortunate enough to have really fantastic managers and area mangers who helped shape this experience into a positive one.

ConsWhen you get a bad area manager or manager, you're going to have a bad time. Especially when one is so focused on the bottom line, and when things start going tough, yell instead of trying to help or offer solutions. That is the main reason why I am leaving the company, is because a bad area manager has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Plus sampling can be a drag if you make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you set high goals, make sure you aid us in helping to achieve them and continue to make it a fun work environment. I know from years there, happy employees make more money.

High pressure sales made working there horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Teavana part-time for less than a year

Pros: You can drink all the tea you want for free… Cons: Every employee is required to memorize a script and stick to it, NO MATTER WHAT! You are expected to take EVERY customer through a tour… Advice to Senior Management: Stop forcing employees and customers to take the scripted tour of the store that pushes high priced items. Stop forcing employees to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Company is great, franchise owner a criminal

General Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Teavana full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great quality products with rich product knowledge Cons: Since it is a franchise location, nothing had to be corporate and legal. I found out that the owner let me go by withdrawing my… Advice to Senior Management: Good luck No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Teavana.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!