There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Not even a good job for college students

Former Employee - Teaologist  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Teaologist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Teavana part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free tea while at work
Co-workers tend to be really awesome (you'll grow closer from being put through this environment)

Cons

The environment is incredibly unhealthy. My manager constantly worked on fear tactics to get our team to work harder while he barely worked all day. Many of us were threatened to be fired for having low sales per hour even though the mall was clearly going through periods of low foot traffic (management doesn't care at all). The hours are abysmal unless you're having a good sales week which is completely unfair because one bad week can set you back for an incredibly long time. There is also clear favoritism shown in the store where certain employees get to sit around and talk while the rest of us are berated. I'm sure not all of the stores are like this because we have had people who transferred to my store and wound up quitting but they're honestly not too much better.
Another huge disadvantage to work here is the lack of communication. Many times, our employees wold not find out their schedules until the Monday of that week! We would also have sales promotions that half of the store just wouldn't even know about.

The entire system behind Teavana is simply not well thought out. You want to be one of the top employers to work for yet you abuse your employees. This only hurts you in the long run because the knowledge behind these teas takes time so the high turnover rate you currently have only leaves lesser informed employees. What many of the people in management positions exhibit is full on bullying. I thought that the Starbucks merger would start to make the company more customer service oriented but after 7 months without any change I decided it was time for me to leave.

295 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

Great company

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Teavana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company,good benefits supportive upper management.

Cons

Don't change anything and continue to be supportive.

Don't change anything.

Not impressed

I worked at Teavana

Pros

Learning different types of tea

Cons

Don't take the time to properly train employees

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!