Teavana

www.teavana.com

High pressure job, little compensation, but nice people

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

ProsFree tea during your whole shift, as everyone says and good discounts. Also you get a lot of good direct sales experiences, even if they are not the best methods. You will get over your insecurities quickly at this job. Everyone I worked with was extremely nice and energetic, which is the main reason I worked there for so long. It is possible to really help bring joy to others working there.

ConsInsane things are expected of you such as walking every customer around the floor and show them everything in the store, and bothering customers by having to follow them. My manager would tell customers they were going to buy certain items, without asking. The managers expect teavana to become your life, which is another con. I saw a girl get talked out of maternity leave, and another scheduled every time she had class to see if she cared about teavana more.

Advice to Senior ManagementChill out a bit, I saw multiple customers swear to never come back because the other sales associates were too aggressive (which is how we were trained). I refused to do so and almost got fired many times, but actually had great sales numbers. Some people came back to see me and told me they only wanted to work with me because I was always relaxed and nice.

Thorough training but ineffective sales model

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Teavana part-time

Pros: Learned a lot about how to sell things to people who don't necessarily want them--also about tea in general. Customer service standards are extremely high… Cons: Really stuffy management depending on the franchise. Pushed to sell to customers who clearly did not want tea, and had to… More

Stressful & Without Mercy

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Teavana part-time for less than a year

Pros: Full benefits after 90 days, 30% discount in-store and at… Cons: Tough learning curve with lots of information, sales technique, and sales phrases to memorize. Hours are determined by sales goals. If you are… Advice to Senior Management: If someone is doing something wrong be direct. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Teavana.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!