Teavana
www.teavana.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

High pressure job, little compensation, but nice people

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Gainesville, FL

ProsFree tea during your whole shift, as everyone says and good discounts. Also you get a lot of good direct sales experiences, even if they are not the best methods. You will get over your insecurities quickly at this job. Everyone I worked with was extremely nice and energetic, which is the main reason I worked there for so long. It is possible to really help bring joy to others working there.

ConsInsane things are expected of you such as walking every customer around the floor and show them everything in the store, and bothering customers by having to follow them. My manager would tell customers they were going to buy certain items, without asking. The managers expect teavana to become your life, which is another con. I saw a girl get talked out of maternity leave, and another scheduled every time she had class to see if she cared about teavana more.

Advice to Senior ManagementChill out a bit, I saw multiple customers swear to never come back because the other sales associates were too aggressive (which is how we were trained). I refused to do so and almost got fired many times, but actually had great sales numbers. Some people came back to see me and told me they only wanted to work with me because I was always relaxed and nice.

We know tea.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Teavana full-time for more than a year

Pros: There are so many opportunities with working with Teavana as long… Cons: Can be stressful, 1 word: productivity, angry customers Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your partners and do not yell at them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Company needs to work on caring more for their employee's.

I have been working at Teavana

Pros: Free tea, Happen to be in a store with a good GM(rare… Cons: High unattainable expectations for sales associates. Area Managers micromanage like… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to the General Manager to ensure that they can handle the job. I have had two GM's… More
There are newer reviews on Teavana.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teavana reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teavana CEO Andrew T. Mack. All reviews posted anonymously by Teavana employees.