There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

High pressure job, little compensation, but nice people

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Teavana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free tea during your whole shift, as everyone says and good discounts. Also you get a lot of good direct sales experiences, even if they are not the best methods. You will get over your insecurities quickly at this job. Everyone I worked with was extremely nice and energetic, which is the main reason I worked there for so long. It is possible to really help bring joy to others working there.

Cons

Insane things are expected of you such as walking every customer around the floor and show them everything in the store, and bothering customers by having to follow them. My manager would tell customers they were going to buy certain items, without asking. The managers expect teavana to become your life, which is another con. I saw a girl get talked out of maternity leave, and another scheduled every time she had class to see if she cared about teavana more.

Advice to Management

Chill out a bit, I saw multiple customers swear to never come back because the other sales associates were too aggressive (which is how we were trained). I refused to do so and almost got fired many times, but actually had great sales numbers. Some people came back to see me and told me they only wanted to work with me because I was always relaxed and nice.

Other Employee Reviews for Teavana

1. We know tea.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Teavana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many opportunities with working with Teavana as long as you are committed to the company and care about tea.

Cons

Can be stressful, 1 word: productivity, angry customers

Advice to Management

Listen to your partners and do not yell at them for stupid customer complaints

2. Company needs to work on caring more for their employee's.

Pros

Free tea, Happen to be in a store with a good GM(rare for the company), sense of family with coworkers. 30% discount at Starbucks

Cons

High unattainable expectations for sales associates. Area Managers micromanage like crazy. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the General Manager to ensure that they can handle the job. I have had two GM's that have gone crazy because they couldn't make their goals. One threw tea tins in the back during a temper tantrum.