Teavana

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

I've had better

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Teavana part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free tea while on shift

Cons

Hours depended on sales, so if you get stuck with a shift where the mall is dead, you will never advance. Manager took many super long breaks and got pissed when we failed to milk customers to purchase an average 40-60$. Less than a year after opening, none of the original staff remained.

Take better care of your employees

354 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

Terrible

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Teavana part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Free drinks while working
    -Great discounts
    -Awesome Co-workers
    -Learned new things about tea
    -Flexible with my school schedule

Cons

- Too much to learn in too little time. Maybe it was the location I worked, but they didn't allow us to take home the textbook sized manuals that taught you all about the teas and
    products they had, so I was basically in the dark about many of the products.

- They expected you to always fill up the canisters for new customers, but this would MOSTLY turn off a lot of the customers because they would see the price. No one wants to pay $200 for tea

-Training was very hectic. The managers in charge of training often had to go in and out to tend to customers and then help us learn the material. It seemed very stressful for them, and because of this, it felt disorganized.

-My biggest reason for leaving was my general manager. She took sales from me because I was "training" even though I did all the talking. She even stole a $500 sale I had.

Allow us to take home the manuals and maybe come up with a better training program.

Teaologist and tea lover of Teavana.

I worked at Teavana part-time

Pros

Drink yummy delicious tea all day for free.

Cons

I agree 100% with the post above that people in charge would take your sales that you worked very hard to get, and use your skills with and maliciously put it under their name. Many team leads and managers tend to do this where I worked. It depends on the person. Is a pay very little cut throat job in store that pressures you and stresses you to sell in the end making the general manager the winner.

Horrible communication in management and too much in clicks in not listening to all employees, and making up rumors not professional..

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana