Teavana

www.teavana.com

Tea is great..having to push people to buy it...not so great

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Bonita Springs, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bonita Springs, FL

Pros

Love free tea throughout the day, best perk of the job is the discount!

Cons

Having to compete for sales and feeling forced to push customers into buying excessive amounts of product

Don't hire so many people!

Other reviews for Teavana

Stressful and not always tealightful

Former Employee - Team Lead
    Former Employee - Team Lead

Pros

I got free tea and coffee at Starbucks. The training was pretty good. My store was small so cleaning went quickly. I always loved sampling.

Cons

People quit/get fired all the time. I stuck it out a year and my availability was taken advantage of. I was a pretty good sales person, but my store was so low volume that it was almost impossible for us to have a good day. I hated being pushy with sales. I found that if I was more honest with customers they where more likely to buy something AND come back for more. I was always scolded on this even though when the sales where pushed on people they usually returned it at some point.

If you have a good employee, remember to treat them fairly. If you over work them they will usually leave and not on good terms. You cant force everyone to buy something either.

Unbelievably stressful

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Boston, MA

Pros

I had really nice co-workers, the tea is pretty great tasting, good incentives with Starbucks.

Cons

Too much of a stressful environment, overly pushy to the point where I was made to harass customers, sampling was less than effective, and the pay.

Stop hiring people who are not mentally fit for the job. Hire managers who actually care about their employees and won't do anything to make them feel inferior. We need more uplifting people to help the entire store prosper.

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!