There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Mixed at best

Former Employee - Team Leader of Operations  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Team Leader of Operations in Seattle, WA

I worked at Teavana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generally good discount, interesting work environment, and great upper management.

Cons

Profit margin on most items is over 95%+, and if you're aware of that fact you're starting to realise how low the company is putting back into you. Middle management (DM to regional) is absolutely feral.

294 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

Upper level management needs to wake up and pay attention.

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Teavana part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people the tea, the discounts at both Teavana and Starbucks, and the upwards mobility if you make them money.

Cons

Baristas are underappreciated, hard work is all but ignored unless it directly results in profit, the pressure to sell scares away not only customers but quality employees as well

Reward hard work, allow upward mobility and pay raises to baristas and those who are better suited to work behind the scenes, I have been working for over a year at $8/hr (when I was told baristas are supposed to START at $8.50 because they are not eligible for bonuses) and management refuses to give me a raise despite my hard work, loyalty, knowledge and genuine passion for the products. FOCUS ON SELLING MANY INDIVIDUAL DRINKS INSTEAD OF A FEW LARGE TICKET ITEMS. Modern Americans want ease and convenience and the profit margin on individual drinks is huge and customers will come back and back and back until they get hooked and comfortable enough to buy the large ticket items. This is common sense and I have spoken with countless customers who further support this.

Pay is too low.

I have been working at Teavana part-time

Pros

Free tea all day. Cool people to work with.

Cons

Low pay. The bonus system is a joke. The sales method is sometimes deceitful towards customers.

Show more care to the low end employees, they are the face of your business.

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!