There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

All about the sales

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Teaologist
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Teaologist

I have been working at Teavana part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free tea at work, discount at Starbucks, amazing coworkers, you get to know the regulars, making tea as well as selling it, small bonus if you meet your monthly goal.

Cons

If you don't sell well, you don't get hours. Period. You have to be so pushy when selling. And the dreaded sample cart. You have to stand there and give people free samples for a lot of the shift and it gets very tiring.

Now that Starbucks has taken over, it has gotten better. Keep improving.

295 Other Employee Reviews for Teavana (View Most Recent)

Decent First Job

Former Employee - Team Member  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Team Member in Orlando, FL

I worked at Teavana part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free drinks on shift always. Discount at Starbucks and weekly mark out from Starbucks. Also, you get to try tons of new products most often times before they even get released. We weren't suppose to take damaged products home but most managers don't care since we get paid so little.

Cons

Management can be too pushy about sales goals. They often overstaff, as part of company policy, which only drives the average sales per person lower. The compensation package overall is not enough to live off, which I think the company relays on so they don't have to pay for health insurance for full time workers.

Adjust your staffing based on traffic flow. Malls do not get busy in the middle of the day on a Tuesday. Also, stop trying to swindle customers out of their money. Not all suburban families can afford to spend $75 (your average hourly sale goal) on a recreational item such as tea. Also PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES MORE. Its ridiculous that a team member only working an average of 15 hours a week and bringing in 10K or more a month only earns $8 an hour and 2% of their sales IF they meet your goals.

Fun company, but very sales driven to the point of being unethical.

Former Employee - Barista  in  Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Barista in Burlington, MA

I worked at Teavana part-time for less than a year

Pros

The training and education are awesome and the owners are known for frequent visits to stores. Plus, the tea is amazing, which is a great perk.

Cons

In my experience, sales associates were instructed by management to inform customers that products were out of stock in order to drive sales of other items, even when those items weren't in stock. The company in general is VERY sales-focused, but I can only speak to this lack of ethics at the location I was employed at.

There are newer employer reviews for Teavana

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!