There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data

Steer clear, Ground Hog day meets 7th grade and don't forget the bus as someone throws you under it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

convienant to home, great excuse for not having a home life, bonuses to Sr. management, no two days ever the same.

Cons

narcissistic micromanagment, a technology company using antiquanted technology, lack of communication from corprate down and director down, company value statement is not worth the paper it is printed on.

Managment by this weeks trend, then next weeks trend does not establish trust in managment or stability, constant smiling faces do not equate to happy employees.

121 Other Employee Reviews for Tech Data (View Most Recent)

A place to learn the basics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data

Pros

I was offered the opportunity to carry out an internship within one of Tech Data's business units. The place is like a revolving door, with a high turnover rate within every department you look at. My boss was only two months into his position when I joined, and he delegated the task of overseeing my work to a young lady who had been there for a little over ten months, and she was already considered a senior employee by their standards!

I interacted with several people at several levels, ranging from highly self-disciplined professionals to not-so-talented rif raf.

This is an ok place for networking. An advantage of working for TD is that you happen to be up to date with latest trends of the market. A con is that if you don't have the vision, you may end up stuck there spinning your wheels forever.

Cons

One big con is the attitude of management. I got the sense that they were not up to the challenge. My boss never sat down with me, and all I received was his total indifference, from the beginning to the end. There wasn't even common courtesy or politeness. Very rude guy. Once I finished my internship I got a much better offer from much better and decided to move on, a career is too much of a precious asset to let it stall like that.

The CEO is a very nice guy, as much as some other members of senior management, but that is not enough. They need to re-connect with reality, and be aware that the reason things are not working is the human factor. Their best people is fleeing and they are being replaced it with mediocre managers.

Going down hill fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Still employed. Compensation and perks from the VENDORS but little from Tech Data.

Cons

Short staffed, low pay, overworked under appreciated. High management turn over. Little or no opportunity for a promotion. They are off shoring jobs to Costa Rica.

Get a clue! You are losing good people left and right and trying to replace them with hourly paid temps so you can keep your bonus.

There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data