Excellent company, staff and leadership team that delivers results and provides wonderful opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Long Tenured 19 Year Employee  in  Clearwater, FL
Current Employee - Long Tenured 19 Year Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Tech Data is a great company to work for and this stems from the culture that the executive team has grown. Each employee is empowered to do their best; with many employees starting at the bottom rung and progressing to high level positions within the organization. The culture starts with a passion for winning, teamwork, partnership, integrity and respect, communication and accountability. I have had numerous career opportunities throughout my tenure with the organization and Tech Data rewards those who achieve results.

The company has an excellent benefits package, career opportunities, over seas assignments if one is interested, lateral transfers as a means to learn something new, in-house training, education reimbursement and with the empowerment of the staff anything is possible if you work for it.

The senior management team is top notch and Tech Data exceeds in many categories as a great place to work. I am happy and proud to be an employee here!

Cons

Really can not think of any specific grievance. Tech Data, it's employees, management team, customers, vendors and partners are all great to work with. Tech Data is a high volume environment, razor thin margins and operates in a tough marketplace - therefore some days are tough. But when you rise to the occasion, the company will reward you for performance.

Keep up the great work! I would advise someone in management review some of the comments on Glassdoor - funny how some people have a different prespective of the same company. Everyone I work with in sales, marketing, customer service, IT, logistics, credit, finance and other groups are very tenured employees and absolutely love it at Tech Data.

Other Reviews for Tech Data

Great place to start but not grow.

Current Employee - Vendor Programs Representative  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Vendor Programs Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Great perks and free food. TD is a great company for recent college grads or individuals out of work. they do a great job getting people in using the internal Temp Agency "Spherion."

Cons

Advancement is solely based on what is written on paper, or who your smoking buddies are (literally). My manager is also non-existent and not very helpful with the advancement of my career. All the skills I have obtain on my own initiative and seeking my own training opportunities.
    Salaries are also not very competitive with the market

Hire better managers.
    CEO is almost no-existent other seeing him walking around rarely.

Beware of Logistics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data

Pros

Benefits are ok, some good people there as far as coworkers.

Cons

Slim chance of advancement, some mgt has their favorites and shows it openly, company does not show loyalty to low level employees, hr is no help at all, as one reviewer stated, be careful you will be eventually be ran over by a bus. somewhat of a good place to start but don't stay too long if no advancement. If the executives would really listen to lower level employees input this would be as great place to work.

Executives should really listen to lower level employees input on mid-level mgt. Show loyalty to long term employees, improve HR, let job rotation be optional, STOP promoting low level employees to mgt with no mgt exp or people skills. Promote based on job performance and longevity not based off being the mgts favorite person on the team. Respect, Respect Respect goes a long way. Let lower level employees decide what the CMI should be based off of mgt's performance this might improve how mid-level mgt treats their team.

There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data.

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!