There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data

Tech Data, good working environment limited opportunity

Former Employee - E-Marketing Data Coordinator  in  Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - E-Marketing Data Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data full-time

Pros

Tech Data is generally a laid back place the workers are friendly. The building is conveniently located for most commuters.

Cons

Tech Data does not invest much in developing their employees. The pay is low even for Florida for most positions. The company did a salary survey, when the survey came back showing that the pay was low for the selected job titles they changed everyone's job title instead of increasing pay.

Employees are assets not cost centers

114 Other Employee Reviews for Tech Data (View Most Recent)

Excellent company, staff and leadership team that delivers results and provides wonderful opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Long Tenured 19 Year Employee  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Long Tenured 19 Year Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Tech Data is a great company to work for and this stems from the culture that the executive team has grown. Each employee is empowered to do their best; with many employees starting at the bottom rung and progressing to high level positions within the organization. The culture starts with a passion for winning, teamwork, partnership, integrity and respect, communication and accountability. I have had numerous career opportunities throughout my tenure with the organization and Tech Data rewards those who achieve results.

The company has an excellent benefits package, career opportunities, over seas assignments if one is interested, lateral transfers as a means to learn something new, in-house training, education reimbursement and with the empowerment of the staff anything is possible if you work for it.

The senior management team is top notch and Tech Data exceeds in many categories as a great place to work. I am happy and proud to be an employee here!

Cons

Really can not think of any specific grievance. Tech Data, it's employees, management team, customers, vendors and partners are all great to work with. Tech Data is a high volume environment, razor thin margins and operates in a tough marketplace - therefore some days are tough. But when you rise to the occasion, the company will reward you for performance.

Keep up the great work! I would advise someone in management review some of the comments on Glassdoor - funny how some people have a different prespective of the same company. Everyone I work with in sales, marketing, customer service, IT, logistics, credit, finance and other groups are very tenured employees and absolutely love it at Tech Data.

Great place to start but not grow.

Current Employee - Vendor Programs Representative  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Vendor Programs Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Great perks and free food. TD is a great company for recent college grads or individuals out of work. they do a great job getting people in using the internal Temp Agency "Spherion."

Cons

Advancement is solely based on what is written on paper, or who your smoking buddies are (literally). My manager is also non-existent and not very helpful with the advancement of my career. All the skills I have obtain on my own initiative and seeking my own training opportunities.
    Salaries are also not very competitive with the market

Hire better managers.
    CEO is almost no-existent other seeing him walking around rarely.

There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!