Tech Data

www.techdata.com

Stable, steady, and productive

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsJob security is very high for IT sector, working environment is fair and friendly. My supervisory chain is highly qualified and values my contributions. My particular job is one that gives me great personal satisfaction, and I take pride in doing my job well for the benefit of my customers and the company. I have the autonomy to structure my day and working methodology to suit my skill set. My management is very accommodating of my needs in terms of work/life balance; I keep a very regular schedule, and I do not encounter difficulties when I need time off. The corporate culture is diverse, and ethically-based.

ConsJobs at Tech Data can be stressful, primarily due to the razor-thin margins of this industry (wholesale IT distribution); this forces the company to be conservative and thoughtful about any significant new undertakings, and staffing is thin for the workload; market and economic pressures are more difficult to weather in an industry of <2% operating income.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that many people that work at Tech Data may not realize what it's like "out there", in that other corporate cultures are significantly more rigid and arbitrary; and people don't realize how well they have it until they leave. Grass is greener, and all that. This is in evidence due to the number of people who leave, ostensibly for other opportunities, but then return to Tech Data when they discover that the real world is not very forgiving. I think that better communication about our competition, and about how Tech Data compares in terms of working enviornment compared to other employers might help mitigate any misperceptions.

Tech Data: Unless you're senior management already, why bother?

Receiving Associate (Former Employee) South Bend, IN

I worked at Tech Data

Pros: Decent place to work if you have little or no prior experience… Cons: Little or no room for advancement, especially without a degree of some kind -- no matter what kind of experience you may have. Little to… Advice to Senior Management: Middle management is a farce. The company talks about high level of standard and working to people's best ability,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

good company to work for, lots of benefits

Partner Account Manager (Current Employee) Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Tech Data full-time for more than a year

Pros: Can manage your own time quite flexibly Cons: There is a lot of admin to do Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Tech Data.

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!