Tech Data
www.techdata.com Clearwater, FL 5000+ Employees

Great company, but avoid the IT Dept.

Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Tech Data full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSalaries are competitive and while I worked on the "business side" I was afforded ample opportunity for growth and allowed to develop tools that helped make my job and my teammates' jobs easier.

ConsIT Department takes tremendous pride in NOT spending it's training budget. When we requested training, we were told to "buy a book" even though the training was essential for my team to grow into new opportunities. IT suffers from a "done is better than perfect" mentality that results in the users getting much less than they actually need, and applications that sit unused for years because they don't meet the requirements of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Business Analysts to ensure that IT meets the needs of the actual users and make departments use their training budgets to train people.

Like a lot of large companies...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tech Data full-time

Pros: Most people are great to work with. Pay seems competitive,… Cons: Like many large companies, everyone is doing more (or in some… Advice to Senior Management: I can't say anything that hasn't been said before to… More

Overall, a good company to work for.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Tech Data full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The work environment is fun and the culture is business casual. If you work in Sales, you get… Cons: Growth opportunity is very minimal for most, even the best of employees.… Advice to Senior Management: Build your people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tech Data.

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tech Data reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tech Data CEO Bob Dutkowsky. All reviews posted anonymously by Tech Data employees.