Tech Data

www.techdata.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data

Like a lot of large companies...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data full-time

Pros

Most people are great to work with. Pay seems competitive, not so sure about medical benefits.

Cons

Like many large companies, everyone is doing more (or in some cases, a lot more) with less. Quality suffers, as does morale.

I can't say anything that hasn't been said before to the management team, and they're not the ones reading this, anyway.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Tech Data (View Most Recent)

Great company, but avoid the IT Dept.

Former Employee - Developer in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Developer in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salaries are competitive and while I worked on the "business side" I was afforded ample opportunity for growth and allowed to develop tools that helped make my job and my teammates' jobs easier.

Cons

IT Department takes tremendous pride in NOT spending it's training budget. When we requested training, we were told to "buy a book" even though the training was essential for my team to grow into new opportunities. IT suffers from a "done is better than perfect" mentality that results in the users getting much less than they actually need, and applications that sit unused for years because they don't meet the requirements of the business.

Hire Business Analysts to ensure that IT meets the needs of the actual users and make departments use their training budgets to train people.

Overall, a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work environment is fun and the culture is business casual. If you work in Sales, you get many perks from vendors etc. that make it enjoyable to work there. Benefits were ok, same as pay.

Cons

Growth opportunity is very minimal for most, even the best of employees. Always seemed like the good ones left and the bad ones got promoted.

Build your people.