Tech Data

There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data

Share Cropping in the Tech Industry

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits start from day one. Good infrastructure as opposed to other business in the Tampa Bay area.

Cons

They know they have a good infrastructure compared to other companies in the Tampa Bay area. Because they are "Self aware,",they think they have your ass over a barrel.

They won't listen. You open your mouth and offer advice they see that as a threat and you will be put on a plan that is impossible to get off. You can perform your job perfectly and follow a plan verbatim and they will still fire you. I was not fired but I saw this done. The management are cowards and crooks.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Tech Data (View Most Recent)

Lots of work, but overall great place to get started

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Great learning experiences. Work load can get tough but definitely a benefit for future careers. Teaches you prioritization.

Cons

Wish the pay was better.
    New order system sucks

Get rid of SAP

Great company, but avoid the IT Dept.

Former Employee - Developer in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Developer in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tech Data full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salaries are competitive and while I worked on the "business side" I was afforded ample opportunity for growth and allowed to develop tools that helped make my job and my teammates' jobs easier.

Cons

IT Department takes tremendous pride in NOT spending it's training budget. When we requested training, we were told to "buy a book" even though the training was essential for my team to grow into new opportunities. IT suffers from a "done is better than perfect" mentality that results in the users getting much less than they actually need, and applications that sit unused for years because they don't meet the requirements of the business.

Hire Business Analysts to ensure that IT meets the needs of the actual users and make departments use their training budgets to train people.

There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data