Tech Data-It's a job.

Current Employee - Salesperson  in  Clearwater, FL
Current Employee - Salesperson in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

It is a job and the paycheck never bounces. Some nice cuties working in the office. Not a bad place to start your career but it doesn't end here.… Covered Parking? Health Insurance. If you are a slacker you will love it here.

Cons

It is not a challenging environment what so ever. Senior MGT is disconnected from the worker bees. Long boring days in cubicle hell. Tech Data is a better place for talkers than for doers. .Very little in the way of growth or exciting new opportunities. Most people here hate coming into work and it just helps to create a negative environment in general.

Shake things up and reinvigorate this place. Get rid of the dead wood

Other Reviews for Tech Data

Stable, steady, and productive

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Tech Data

Pros

Job security is very high for IT sector, working environment is fair and friendly. My supervisory chain is highly qualified and values my contributions. My particular job is one that gives me great personal satisfaction, and I take pride in doing my job well for the benefit of my customers and the company. I have the autonomy to structure my day and working methodology to suit my skill set. My management is very accommodating of my needs in terms of work/life balance; I keep a very regular schedule, and I do not encounter difficulties when I need time off. The corporate culture is diverse, and ethically-based.

Cons

Jobs at Tech Data can be stressful, primarily due to the razor-thin margins of this industry (wholesale IT distribution); this forces the company to be conservative and thoughtful about any significant new undertakings, and staffing is thin for the workload; market and economic pressures are more difficult to weather in an industry of <2% operating income.

I think that many people that work at Tech Data may not realize what it's like "out there", in that other corporate cultures are significantly more rigid and arbitrary; and people don't realize how well they have it until they leave. Grass is greener, and all that. This is in evidence due to the number of people who leave, ostensibly for other opportunities, but then return to Tech Data when they discover that the real world is not very forgiving. I think that better communication about our competition, and about how Tech Data compares in terms of working enviornment compared to other employers might help mitigate any misperceptions.

Tech Data: Unless you're senior management already, why bother?

Former Employee - Receiving Associate  in  South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Receiving Associate in South Bend, IN

I worked at Tech Data

Pros

Decent place to work if you have little or no prior experience and need as much per hour as possible. Fairly recession proof it seems.

Cons

Little or no room for advancement, especially without a degree of some kind -- no matter what kind of experience you may have. Little to no incentive for best effort and/or high level of quality in your job. Keep your head down and work to the lowest possible expectation, and even then, if you've been there too long and make too much they will find a reason to replace you with someone who they can hire to work for less money than you.

Middle management is a farce. The company talks about high level of standard and working to people's best ability, but instead it seems like middle management wants to work people harder to make up for lack of quality.

There are newer employer reviews for Tech Data.

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!