Great

Former Employee - Computer Operator  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Computer Operator in San Diego, CA

I worked at TechFlow

Pros

Good environment to work and great management team.

Cons

Upward mobility in job position.

Other Reviews for TechFlow

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TechFlow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TechFlow offers a great benefits plan, co-workers are awesome people, HR department throws great events.
    I feel TechFlow's strongest pro is that employee opinions really matter to management. TechFlow seems to really care about the well being of it's employees and the HR department is always willing to listen and help.

Cons

TechFlow's location means sitting in traffic to and from work.

Keep listening to your employees.

Pretty good

Current Employee - Applications Developer
    Current Employee - Applications Developer

I have been working at TechFlow full-time for more than a year

Pros

I primarily telework for TechFlow so I don't get a front row seat any politics that may occur at the main office. Some other reviewers mentioned management issues, and that's something I really haven't experienced, probably because I'm not physically at the main office to witness any of this.

Since TechFlow has a lot of telework employees, the company meetings and conferences are nicely set up to accommodate them. Most employees at the main office are very accommodating to telework employees, making it very easy to work together with co-workers at the main office.

As a telework employee, work hours are flexible, although, you still have to be present for meetings. Most meetings are in west coast time, which doesn't bother me.

Training is encouraged and paid for. Maybe it's me, but I've always found that management is very eager to listen to employee's comments and constructive criticism, even for telework employees.

I've worked on two major projects while I've been here. The first one had a horrible project manager who stressed out about everything and could never say no to the customers. He didn't last very long at TechFlow, and either quit or was laid off (I'm not sure what happened to him). The next project I've worked on has been a million times better and seems much more organized and peaceful. I've concluded that the discrepancies between the two managers is not reflective of the company as a whole. However, if the company had let the bad manager stick around, then maybe I would feel differently about it.

Cons

TechFlow is still trying to find their signature project management methodology. Every project is run slightly different, because in the past, at least one project on delivery was a disaster (due to a customer/developer miscommunication) and another project severely ran past the deadline. This has caused TechFlow to lose the bid for a major contract recently.

Anyway, as a result, upper management has been really antsy about running new projects and following new project methodologies to a T.

But TechFlow is still getting new contracts, even if they lost the bid for a major one recently. I'm not particularly concerned with my future here at the moment, and they have definitely shown that they can change things at the drop of the hat. TechFlow aren't like other companies that I've worked for where the managers refuse to change anything and are running everything into the ground. They are instead much more west coast style, very fluid kind of company. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your tolerance.

There are newer employer reviews for TechFlow.

Worked for TechFlow? Contribute to the Community!