There are newer employer reviews for TechSmith

Great place to work; Northern California benefits in the mid-west.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

I have been working at TechSmith

Pros

Free lunches every Friday. Every manager, even the president, has an open door policy. And, people here are very driven to succeed.

Cons

The coming is growing, so there are some pains with that. New systems are starting and there are some old systems that people need to let go of.

Keep listening to employees and be less afraid to take chances. We're a successful company and it's time to show people we can adapt and do more.

37 Other Employee Reviews for TechSmith (View Most Recent)

Amazing First Job

I worked at TechSmith

Pros

-The people are some of the most genuine and intelligent around
    -The openness of the company and it's direction. The CEO holds an all hands meeting every morning to share weekly performance and other topics.
    -The access to management. Open doors policy even for the CEO, all are very approachable even outside 1 on 1 meetings
    -The benefits package is stellar. The decision makers put a big emphasis on the strength of the health plan, even if it isn't the most cost-effective.
    -The customers! In the 6 months in a customer facing role, I had only a handful of unsatisfied customers. They TechSmith products and customer service. 3
    -Free friday lunch catered, free coffee, pop, etc all day everyday.

Cons

-The location isn't the most vibrant for a young person right out of school but Okemos has a great family atmosphere.

Keep up the great work and don't be afraid to branch into new markets.

TechSmith is my dream job and employer.

I have been working at TechSmith

Pros

Positive employee environment, management shares information, free Friday lunch, employee and family activities every month, empowered to do my job, like my coworkers, just a great environment for employees, really customer focused with great products

Cons

They don't implement all of my ideas. Sometimes direction changes seem arbitrary. Not enough time with my manager. Teams sometimes slow down decision making.

Keep doing what you are doing, keep communicating every step of the way, have free snacks in the lunch rooms throughout the day in addition to the free beverages.

There are newer employer reviews for TechSmith