There are newer employer reviews for TechSmith

Great place to work; Northern California benefits in the mid-west.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

I have been working at TechSmith

Pros

Free lunches every Friday. Every manager, even the president, has an open door policy. And, people here are very driven to succeed.

Cons

The coming is growing, so there are some pains with that. New systems are starting and there are some old systems that people need to let go of.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and be less afraid to take chances. We're a successful company and it's time to show people we can adapt and do more.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Employee review of TechSmith: A great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Web Designer in Okemos, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Web Designer in Okemos, MI

I have been working at TechSmith

Pros

It starts with how people are recruited, and this makes all the difference when it comes to job satisfaction. Working with great people is the difference in a good job and a great job. Its tough to get in, but when you do its because you belong at TechSmith. TechSmithies are some of the smarted, most creative, hardest working people I have met and worked with. They define passion at work. And don't get me wrong its not that we never have fun, we do. Its just that when it comes to our jobs, everyone if focused on making great software for great customers. Ask anyone that uses TechSmith products and you will hear wonderful stories. A couple weeks ago I was getting on a plane and a passenger noticed my SnagIt t-shirt and stopped me to ask if I liked SnagIt as much as he did. When I told him that I worked at TechSmith, he started telling me how much he loved the software and to please let everyone at work know that he loved SnagIt. What a great feeling! Here is the thing, TechSmith treats its employees as well as its customers. Salaries are above the regional average, bonus checks are generous, healthcare covers all but your co-pay, vacation accrues extremely fast, the company provides cola, juice, coffee, espresso, tea, hot chocolate and several types of flavored water for free, every Friday the entire company is invited to a catered lunch (pizza and ice-cream day is my personal favorite), they send us to conferences (I worked at a place that never did that before so this is big to me), and help pay for you to go back to school. While all those things are great, it still comes back to the people. It is a wonderful thing to not feel like you are always the smartest/hardest-working/most passionate/only one who cares in the room (pick one or pick them all). I have repeatedly raved to my friends and past co-workers about how much I love this place, and a lot of the time I know that they have no idea what I am talking about when I say I love the place that I work.

Cons

Sometimes the growth of the company makes it hard to know all the people. Every couple of weeks you look around the all-staff meetings or the Friday lunch and realize how many people you just haven't met yet seems to grow. Of course, this is preferred to the other feeling where you realize a lot of great talent has quit or been fired and you get nervous about your future.

Advice to Management

Thanks and keep up the good work. PS- can my next conference be in Maui? ;)

Amazing First Job

I worked at TechSmith

Pros

-The people are some of the most genuine and intelligent around -The openness of the company and it's direction. The CEO holds an all hands meeting every morning to share weekly performance and other topics. -The access to management. Open doors policy even for the CEO, all are very approachable even outside 1 on 1 meetings -The benefits package is stellar. The decision makers put a big emphasis on the strength of the health plan, even if it isn't the most cost-effective. -The customers! In the 6 months in a customer facing role, I had only a handful of unsatisfied customers. They TechSmith products and customer service. 3 -Free friday lunch catered, free coffee, pop, etc all day everyday.

Cons

-The location isn't the most vibrant for a young person right out of school but Okemos has a great family atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and don't be afraid to branch into new markets.