TechSoup Global

www.techsoupglobal.org
  www.techsoupglobal.org
There are newer employer reviews for TechSoup Global

I love working for TechSoup Global, amazing people, amazing mission, amazing benefits!

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TechSoup Global

Pros

At TSG it is all about the people! Our big diverse group is making a global difference, adding great value to what other nonprofits are doing!!! Even on a bad day, and we all have them, I go home knowing I am doing good works on a global scale!
I am super lucky to work here and thank my lucky stars!!!
Check us out at www.techsoupglobal.org!

Cons

As a global technology nonprofit in the Bay Area it is hard to compete against the for profit salaries and find the kind of tech savvy talent we need.
Thank goodness for our work/life balance and benefit package which makes up the difference!

Our org chart is very very complex and it is very challenging for our new hires to understand who to go to for what? Thankfully we are great at welcoming people on board and have so many talented folks who have worked here for many, many years to offer help and guidance!

22 Other Employee Reviews for TechSoup Global (View Most Recent)

Company formerly known as Compumentor offers no mentorship, and promotes the lackeys

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TechSoup Global

Pros

If you want a job with low expectation and weak deliverables, it is a pretty cush spot. Benefits are good. Culture and many people are good too.

Cons

The wages are an embarrassment for a $20m company that doesn't pay taxes. Your lip service is insulting. Stop BS-ing people. Just say 'no' when the answer is no. A reason would be nice. A can-do attitude would be better.

You have too many directors. Stop promoting people who always agree with you. Offer career paths, mentorship, and better education reimbursement plans for dedicated employees who want to become more valuable to the company!

Great mission, horrible execution.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TechSoup Global full-time

Pros

The overall objective of TechSoup is noble and deserves a lot of respect. Success at TechSoup means you're helping people in nonprofits save a ton on operating expenses and helping them leverage technology to help them achieve their goals. There are also some wonderful people working at TechSoup and they have the capacity to contribute so much.

Cons

Terrible management. Ego-driven individuals working for the glory of themselves often gets in the way of people being able to take initiative and work towards the overall objective. Communication isn't done well which forces a lot of people to cut corners in order to avoid dead ends. Understaffed teams cause work loads that aren't properly managed forcing people to work extra-long days with zero compensation.

Better communication, empower global partners to get things done and use the global office as an asset instead of the barrier that it is. Listen to what people have to say as there are a lot of great ideas floating around that never get done.

There are newer employer reviews for TechSoup Global