There are newer employer reviews for TechSoup Global

I love working for TechSoup Global, amazing people, amazing mission, amazing benefits!

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TechSoup Global

Pros

At TSG it is all about the people! Our big diverse group is making a global difference, adding great value to what other nonprofits are doing!!! Even on a bad day, and we all have them, I go home knowing I am doing good works on a global scale!
I am super lucky to work here and thank my lucky stars!!!
Check us out at www.techsoupglobal.org!

Cons

As a global technology nonprofit in the Bay Area it is hard to compete against the for profit salaries and find the kind of tech savvy talent we need.
Thank goodness for our work/life balance and benefit package which makes up the difference!

Our org chart is very very complex and it is very challenging for our new hires to understand who to go to for what? Thankfully we are great at welcoming people on board and have so many talented folks who have worked here for many, many years to offer help and guidance!

reviews filtered by

Company formerly known as Compumentor offers no mentorship, and promotes the lackeys

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TechSoup Global

Pros

If you want a job with low expectation and weak deliverables, it is a pretty cush spot. Benefits are good. Culture and many people are good too.

Cons

The wages are an embarrassment for a $20m company that doesn't pay taxes. Your lip service is insulting. Stop BS-ing people. Just say 'no' when the answer is no. A reason would be nice. A can-do attitude would be better.

You have too many directors. Stop promoting people who always agree with you. Offer career paths, mentorship, and better education reimbursement plans for dedicated employees who want to become more valuable to the company!

2. Great mission, colleagues & work environment

I have been working at TechSoup Global

Pros

- Helping nonprofits with their tech needs without being a reseller/consultant
    - Freedom to take on new projects and learn/develop new skills
    - Fun colleagues
    - Relaxed working environment
    - Beautiful coworking space & decor
    - Free coffee (this is a luxury for nonprofits, okay?)
    - Dog friendly

Cons

- Pressure to work late
    - Small team but have big portfolios & heavy workloads
    - Management too laxed on bad behaviours; tends to avoid confrontation
    - One bad employee can ruin a good work environment & disrupt teamwork

- While it's good to give employees the benefit of the doubt, if someone is not pulling their weight and has given more than enough time to change, it's time to cut your losses for the benefit of the team
    - A lot of what you're doing is good - just keep it up! Continue to encourage, motivate and appreciate your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for TechSoup Global