Technatomy

There are newer employer reviews for Technatomy

Good opportunity

Current Employee - Senior, Functional Analyst in Rosslyn, VA
Current Employee - Senior, Functional Analyst in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Technatomy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Interesting work in a non-conventional environment. Opportunities for ITSM and process specialists because governance is just being established for the client's program. Also opportunities for deployment specialists and IT engineers. Opportunity to move into various areas.

Cons

No dedicated desk. Contractors have to hotel at whatever desk is available. The building we work in at the client site is older and needs a lot of work to repair water spills in the parking garage.This work is being done now. The client has reorganized twice in the last year. We hope things will settle in with current structure.

Make an effort to keep contact with people at the client site more often.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Technatomy (View Most Recent)

The contract comes first. The workers come last.

Former Employee - Documentation Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Documentation Specialist in Arlington, VA

I worked at Technatomy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People seem nice to your face that work with Technatomy

Cons

They have a business model to not provide basic necessities for their workers. Daily parking at a government site was $15/day. No desks. No phones. They expect you to use your cell phone for conference calls. No reimbursement for all those expenses. If you need quiet time to do your work and concentrate, you are out of luck. They overwork you, yet claim you're an exempt employee and don't have to pay you one dollar more for all those worked hours. They also don't provide compensation time for additional worked hours either. I've honestly never encountered a company that gave their employees so little yet expected them all to be incredibly grateful. My friends thought I was joking when I told them I had to keep hauling my things from temporary desk to temporary desk. I had to squat in conference rooms. I would get kicked out at least 3 times a day and would get exhausted hunting for other conference rooms from which to work where it was quiet. Once I sat down, someone would knock on the door and say they scheduled a meeting in that conference room. NO work was allowed to be done from home though, which was absolutely abhorrent. Government people all had their own offices, desks, and could work from home. Contractors were treated like trash. Management at Technatomy allowed it. Hence, people quit in droves.

Don't bid on a contract where you 1. employ people that have no PMP certification and are in a position of management simply because they're full of themselves 2. don't ensure your people will be provided their own workspace at the client site. Turnover is very high because of these two things. There's already a reputation out about how poorly Technatomy treats its employees at government sites and that they quit within a year's time.

I love the Sr. Leadership I support

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Technatomy

Pros

Growth opportunity as long as sr. leadership is aware of your potential.

Cons

Lot's of growth, lack of resources but we're working on it!

Value your employees and make them feel like they are connected and recognized hard work! Thank you goes a long way. Learn to identify the weaknesses/strengths of your staff so you can properly assign them to a role/position.

There are newer employer reviews for Technatomy