Technica

Really Bad

Former Employee - Senior IA Engineer in Dulles, VA
Former Employee - Senior IA Engineer in Dulles, VA

I worked at Technica

Pros

Interesting Project, liked my government customer. We were embedded with the government. Government was upset that Technica could not keep good people.

Cons

Pay was low, once a month, benefits bad - bottom wrung. Company had months notice of project end but didn't tell us....we were called Sunday night and told not to go in Monday and they mailed our pink slips. Indicative of the company. Would not pay for training or certs. Gave me one salary when I interview and another on the offer letter. I told them nothing doing and they were upset because I didn't let them take advantage of me. I should have walked away.

You won't be able to keep contracts until you pay employees enough to keep them. Won't keep employees until you treat them as a valued resource instead of chattel.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Technica (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Technica

Pros

GOOD MANAGEMENT TEAM, HIGHLY QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES

Cons

BENEFITS ARE NOT AS COMPETITIVE AS THE MARKET.

Pay once a month - low ball on salaries - bad health insurance
    Interesting work

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Technica

Pros

Interesting work, good project. No micromanagement

Cons

Their HR and payroll policies stink. They PAY ONCE A MONTH - first full paycheck can be 7 weeks from when you start.

They have multiple rounds of interviews - get a prospect committed (turn down other job offers) then low ball the salary.

The first 3 months can't take sick leave or vacation. If time off is needed, have to take 8 hours of leave without pay.....I ended up having to work for free.
    The health insurance is the bottom of the barrel. Lowest rung of BCBS.

No education benefits. No training. Don't even pay for certs.
    They were not clear about this when I interviewed. Led me to believe they had education and training, but they don't.

I have met my direct supervisor once at a group lunch. They hired me to work at the customer site. I had one day orientation and then was marooned at the customer site. The only time I hear from anyone is when I'm late with my time card.

Instead of spending money on "pizza days" and group lunches, spend it on good benefits and decent pay.
    Payroll and hiring practices are really bad.
    Management have too many people in many different sites and are expected to produce income on top of it. Cannot be done.

There are newer employer reviews for Technica