Technica

www.technicacorp.com
  www.technicacorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Technica

Very good overall but lots of turnover and little loyalty

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Dulles, VA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Technica as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

New building, friendly staff, pretty good managers, bagel Monday and free lunch once a month.

Cons

Senior IT management can be fickle and not genuine, and doesn't plan well, being reactive instead of proactive.

Don't judge the value of staff by whether their projects need them but by capabilities.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Technica (View Most Recent)

Good Place to Work

I worked at Technica

Pros

Very technical people and interesting projects. You learn alot on the job because of the projects and people. Management cares and watches out for staff. Benefits are average. Executives are unusually technical and walk around to talk about technologies with staff. Well liked by customers.

Cons

Benefits are average. That's all.

Keep talking to staff-that is much appreciated. Pizza lunches are good-brings staff and management together. Keep that small company, family feel.

Really Bad

I worked at Technica

Pros

Interesting Project, liked my government customer. We were embedded with the government. Government was upset that Technica could not keep good people.

Cons

Pay was low, once a month, benefits bad - bottom wrung. Company had months notice of project end but didn't tell us....we were called Sunday night and told not to go in Monday and they mailed our pink slips. Indicative of the company. Would not pay for training or certs. Gave me one salary when I interview and another on the offer letter. I told them nothing doing and they were upset because I didn't let them take advantage of me. I should have walked away.

You won't be able to keep contracts until you pay employees enough to keep them. Won't keep employees until you treat them as a valued resource instead of chattel.

There are newer employer reviews for Technica