There are newer employer reviews for Technisource

Technisource provides a stagnant career opportunity with little to no room for advancement.

Former Employee - Web/Graphics Designer  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Web/Graphics Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource

Pros

On time weekly pay
Somewhat Flexible hours
Time off typically approved when requested
Friendly co-workers
Easy bus transportation access in the city

Cons

Extremely expensive health insurance - $80 per week for 1 individual (which I cannot afford while earning their low pay rate)

Low pay rate in comparison to market rates for web/graphic design

I busted my rear end for several months at Technisource and never received an offer for a raise or promotion and thats when I realized I was just another expendable robot contractor staring at a grey cubicle wall for hours on end. After 1.5 years of working there, I'm throwing in the towel and pursuing a meaningful life.

I was rarely told I was doing a good job by management, and I was one of the top producers of work in my area.

You will start strong at this job as a designer, but after a few months you will feel out of place as your hands begin to deteriorate from carpal tunnel syndrome from the hours of repetitive clicking with no ergonomic friendly keyboard or mouse.

You spend your work day doing monotonous, repetitive work that lacks creativity (which is a designers main strength). You are told what to design - do not be mislead by hiring managers and recruiters when they tell you that you will have full creativity, because you do not at all.

Working at Technisource as a designer has crippled my creativity in the past year and a half from designing their remedial graphics. I still do not understand how they sell these products to real, honest business people. Production is the only concern at ATT IOG as a contractor, while the workplace morale is very low and the motto is quantity over quality for sure.

Day after day, I saw multiple ATT employees show up 30-90 minutes late and leave earlier than myself and I showed up on time. Might I add that ATT employees have much better benefeits and pay rates. How is this supposed to motivate me to work harder? All in all, contractors have the raw end of the deal at ATT IOG and should find new work immediately.

I quickly learned that I will not become a millionaire or wealthy person by working at Technisource. In fact, my body began to degrade from working at ATT IOG - my hands in particular. I often found myself using ibuprofen to get through the day and resorted to energy drinks just to motivate me to finish my work on time. Wrist pads or mouse pads are not offered and the only ergonomic supply you get is a somewhat decent adjustable chair. You must supply your own ergonomic mice, keyboard or pads on your already low pay rate.

I have so many other complaints with Technisource, but cannot spend all day writing them. I would not recommend working at ATT IOG as a contractor with Technisource to anyone unless they are absolutely desperate. I've come to a conclusion that my sanity and happiness is far more important than working as a slave on a corporate slave ship and being miserable every day.

Lastly, the software and platforms that ATT chooses to use are absolutely the worst I have ever used in my experience with content management systems. Their systems are constantly going down throughout the week. Even worse, the computers they use are inadequate for graphic design. Most often designers are equipped with 15" non-widescreen monitors and very slow computers not even matching up with todays lower priced $200 computers. My Adobe Photoshop would freeze numerous times a day, along with my Windows XP operating system which resulted in lost work time and even more frustration.

If you are contacted by a recruiter to work at ATT IOG as a contractor, I urge you to highly reconsider.

Thanks,
Former Technisource Employee

Higher pay rates - ATT profits billions every quarter and the bottom of the food chain does not see any of that. Even a 50 cent raise after 1.5 years of working there would have been nice. 50 cents is only an extra $20 a week, which is a minuscule difference.

Better benefits - From my observation, contractors often work harder than ATT employees and deserve much better benefits than the current benefits. You accumulate 8 hours of vacation time after working 1500 hours of total work. After that, you get an additional 8 hours vacation time per every quarter (3 months). This is the most ridiculous vacation plan I've heard of. A 40 hour vacation allowance after 9 months to a year of working is suitable. Anything else is unacceptable for me.

Allow working from home - when i was hired on, I was promised that I would be able to earn up to 1-2 days a week working from home. A month after working, this privilege was taken away from the entire floor for unannounced reasons.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Technisource (View Most Recent)

temporary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Technisource

Pros

its good in providing jobs. wish it had room for advancing carreers

Cons

no room for advancement. My Degree doesnt matter

High Volume, High Turnover

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Technisource

Pros

Always busy
    Good knowledgebase
    Advancement is possible, if hard
    Flexible work conditions
    Supports working from home/ telecommuting for some positions
    Many different clients to support

Cons

Pay is on the lower end of the scale
    Benefits are exceptionally expensive and somewhat restrictive
    Difficult to advance. Few advancement options available
    Generally weaker working atmosphere since Spherion buyout.
    Some teams have impressively high turnover rates.

Work at creating better benefit packages and opportunities for the workers
    Perhaps split up some team responsbilities to reduce stress and pressure on some workers
    If at all possible, bring up base pay. Even a 50 cent or dollar increase across the board would improve many people's working conditions

There are newer employer reviews for Technisource

Worked for Technisource? Contribute to the Community!