Technisource

www.technisource.com
  www.technisource.com
There are newer employer reviews for Technisource

Technisource provides a stagnant career opportunity with little to no room for advancement.

Former Employee - Web/Graphics Designer in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Web/Graphics Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource

Pros

On time weekly pay
Somewhat Flexible hours
Time off typically approved when requested
Friendly co-workers
Easy bus transportation access in the city

Cons

Extremely expensive health insurance - $80 per week for 1 individual (which I cannot afford while earning their low pay rate)

Low pay rate in comparison to market rates for web/graphic design

I busted my rear end for several months at Technisource and never received an offer for a raise or promotion and thats when I realized I was just another expendable robot contractor staring at a grey cubicle wall for hours on end. After 1.5 years of working there, I'm throwing in the towel and pursuing a meaningful life.

I was rarely told I was doing a good job by management, and I was one of the top producers of work in my area.

You will start strong at this job as a designer, but after a few months you will feel out of place as your hands begin to deteriorate from carpal tunnel syndrome from the hours of repetitive clicking with no ergonomic friendly keyboard or mouse.

You spend your work day doing monotonous, repetitive work that lacks creativity (which is a designers main strength). You are told what to design - do not be mislead by hiring managers and recruiters when they tell you that you will have full creativity, because you do not at all.

Working at Technisource as a designer has crippled my creativity in the past year and a half from designing their remedial graphics. I still do not understand how they sell these products to real, honest business people. Production is the only concern at ATT IOG as a contractor, while the workplace morale is very low and the motto is quantity over quality for sure.

Day after day, I saw multiple ATT employees show up 30-90 minutes late and leave earlier than myself and I showed up on time. Might I add that ATT employees have much better benefeits and pay rates. How is this supposed to motivate me to work harder? All in all, contractors have the raw end of the deal at ATT IOG and should find new work immediately.

I quickly learned that I will not become a millionaire or wealthy person by working at Technisource. In fact, my body began to degrade from working at ATT IOG - my hands in particular. I often found myself using ibuprofen to get through the day and resorted to energy drinks just to motivate me to finish my work on time. Wrist pads or mouse pads are not offered and the only ergonomic supply you get is a somewhat decent adjustable chair. You must supply your own ergonomic mice, keyboard or pads on your already low pay rate.

I have so many other complaints with Technisource, but cannot spend all day writing them. I would not recommend working at ATT IOG as a contractor with Technisource to anyone unless they are absolutely desperate. I've come to a conclusion that my sanity and happiness is far more important than working as a slave on a corporate slave ship and being miserable every day.

Lastly, the software and platforms that ATT chooses to use are absolutely the worst I have ever used in my experience with content management systems. Their systems are constantly going down throughout the week. Even worse, the computers they use are inadequate for graphic design. Most often designers are equipped with 15" non-widescreen monitors and very slow computers not even matching up with todays lower priced $200 computers. My Adobe Photoshop would freeze numerous times a day, along with my Windows XP operating system which resulted in lost work time and even more frustration.

If you are contacted by a recruiter to work at ATT IOG as a contractor, I urge you to highly reconsider.

Thanks,
Former Technisource Employee

Higher pay rates - ATT profits billions every quarter and the bottom of the food chain does not see any of that. Even a 50 cent raise after 1.5 years of working there would have been nice. 50 cents is only an extra $20 a week, which is a minuscule difference.

Better benefits - From my observation, contractors often work harder than ATT employees and deserve much better benefits than the current benefits. You accumulate 8 hours of vacation time after working 1500 hours of total work. After that, you get an additional 8 hours vacation time per every quarter (3 months). This is the most ridiculous vacation plan I've heard of. A 40 hour vacation allowance after 9 months to a year of working is suitable. Anything else is unacceptable for me.

Allow working from home - when i was hired on, I was promised that I would be able to earn up to 1-2 days a week working from home. A month after working, this privilege was taken away from the entire floor for unannounced reasons.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Technisource (View Most Recent)

Excellent co-workers, Terrible Management

Former Employee - Graphic Designer At AT&T IOG in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer At AT&T IOG in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource

Pros

The people that you interact with (you're peers) are very cool, creative people. Most of the designers are in their late 20s to 40s but the other peeps have just as much fun as the younger ones. I really miss my team. You will make genuine lifelong friends at this job.

Cons

I'm speaking about the contract for AT&T. Majority of the employee's in AT&T's Internet Operations Group are contractors through Technisource. AT&T refuses to hire anyone on permanently. Management at AT&T does care about their employees and you will have a new VP to come in every few months and promise all these changes, then they will get a promotion and leave the department. Our division just seemed like the stop over for most senior managements promotion to somewhere else. No one really cares whats going on that department or sticks around to really address any issues. The employee's don't really have a voice. The employee's are obviously more hands on than senior management yet they are not allowed to suggest procedure improvements. Sales rep's have all the power b/c they are getting the sales so everything, no matter how backwards or unproductive their ideas are, they say goes. There is no room for growth - again b/c everyone is a contractor and I don't even think contractors are allowed to be hired even if they wanted to. Because you are a contractor, it takes a year for you to get benefits. So you will work 1 year before you are allowed paid holidays (mind you, the building is closed and you will not be paid for Thanksgiving, etc..for 1 year), a 1 week (not 2) vacation and a couple of sick days. The medical benefits consist of 6 doctors visits a year. If you get sick more than that, you're screwed. And i don't think there is any 401K or anything like that so you can forget about retirement. They try to convince you to work there forever but if you want to work somewhere where they match your 401K or IRA contributions, this is not the place. You are just wasting you life away and pushing back your retirement age everyday that you work here.

Maybe room for growth for people who show interest in the company and are excelling in their job function. Recognition to those who are top performers even if they are not very outspoken and reminding you of how good they are. Benefits to new employees, don't make them wait a year. A chance to be hired on with AT&T.

A blur of unhappy days

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource

Pros

The contract does not have a specific end date, so there is no "limit" on how long you stay, stable pay and weekly paychecks,

Cons

contract is not stable work - as in they can end the contract at any time on a whim, pay is no where near the deserved salary, the managers look down on everyone who works there, terrible benefits - overall, i wouldn't recommend this job

Respect your employees and think of them as real people. Also, work on providing a better benefits package. $80/week for a single person is outrageous, and 4 paid days off a year is ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Technisource