Technisource
www.technisource.com Fort Lauderdale, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Technisource provides a stagnant career opportunity with little to no room for advancement.

Web/Graphics Designer (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsOn time weekly pay
Somewhat Flexible hours
Time off typically approved when requested
Friendly co-workers
Easy bus transportation access in the city

ConsExtremely expensive health insurance - $80 per week for 1 individual (which I cannot afford while earning their low pay rate)

Low pay rate in comparison to market rates for web/graphic design

I busted my rear end for several months at Technisource and never received an offer for a raise or promotion and thats when I realized I was just another expendable robot contractor staring at a grey cubicle wall for hours on end. After 1.5 years of working there, I'm throwing in the towel and pursuing a meaningful life.

I was rarely told I was doing a good job by management, and I was one of the top producers of work in my area.

You will start strong at this job as a designer, but after a few months you will feel out of place as your hands begin to deteriorate from carpal tunnel syndrome from the hours of repetitive clicking with no ergonomic friendly keyboard or mouse.

You spend your work day doing monotonous, repetitive work that lacks creativity (which is a designers main strength). You are told what to design - do not be mislead by hiring managers and recruiters when they tell you that you will have full creativity, because you do not at all.

Working at Technisource as a designer has crippled my creativity in the past year and a half from designing their remedial graphics. I still do not understand how they sell these products to real, honest business people. Production is the only concern at ATT IOG as a contractor, while the workplace morale is very low and the motto is quantity over quality for sure.

Day after day, I saw multiple ATT employees show up 30-90 minutes late and leave earlier than myself and I showed up on time. Might I add that ATT employees have much better benefeits and pay rates. How is this supposed to motivate me to work harder? All in all, contractors have the raw end of the deal at ATT IOG and should find new work immediately.

I quickly learned that I will not become a millionaire or wealthy person by working at Technisource. In fact, my body began to degrade from working at ATT IOG - my hands in particular. I often found myself using ibuprofen to get through the day and resorted to energy drinks just to motivate me to finish my work on time. Wrist pads or mouse pads are not offered and the only ergonomic supply you get is a somewhat decent adjustable chair. You must supply your own ergonomic mice, keyboard or pads on your already low pay rate.

I have so many other complaints with Technisource, but cannot spend all day writing them. I would not recommend working at ATT IOG as a contractor with Technisource to anyone unless they are absolutely desperate. I've come to a conclusion that my sanity and happiness is far more important than working as a slave on a corporate slave ship and being miserable every day.

Lastly, the software and platforms that ATT chooses to use are absolutely the worst I have ever used in my experience with content management systems. Their systems are constantly going down throughout the week. Even worse, the computers they use are inadequate for graphic design. Most often designers are equipped with 15" non-widescreen monitors and very slow computers not even matching up with todays lower priced $200 computers. My Adobe Photoshop would freeze numerous times a day, along with my Windows XP operating system which resulted in lost work time and even more frustration.

If you are contacted by a recruiter to work at ATT IOG as a contractor, I urge you to highly reconsider.

Thanks,
Former Technisource Employee

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher pay rates - ATT profits billions every quarter and the bottom of the food chain does not see any of that. Even a 50 cent raise after 1.5 years of working there would have been nice. 50 cents is only an extra $20 a week, which is a minuscule difference.

Better benefits - From my observation, contractors often work harder than ATT employees and deserve much better benefits than the current benefits. You accumulate 8 hours of vacation time after working 1500 hours of total work. After that, you get an additional 8 hours vacation time per every quarter (3 months). This is the most ridiculous vacation plan I've heard of. A 40 hour vacation allowance after 9 months to a year of working is suitable. Anything else is unacceptable for me.

Allow working from home - when i was hired on, I was promised that I would be able to earn up to 1-2 days a week working from home. A month after working, this privilege was taken away from the entire floor for unannounced reasons.

temporary

Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Technisource

Pros: its good in providing jobs. wish it had room for… Cons: no room for advancement. My Degree doesnt matter No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent so far

IT Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Technisource

Pros: They have a vast number of tools to make your… Cons: Since it is very large organization, it takes alittle time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Technisource.

Worked for Technisource? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Technisource reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Technisource CEO Robert M. Dickey. All reviews posted anonymously by Technisource employees.