There are newer employer reviews for Technisource

Technisource - a great place to be work for

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Technisource

Pros

I worked a contracting job (W2) through Technisource and was quite pleased. The pay was better than most other contracting shops. You can choose either straight pay (aka W2: no paid benefits) or a limited benefit compensation package with slightly less cash per hour. Even if you go the straight pay option, all of the benefits are available ala carte (employee pays 100%). Purchasable benefits included health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. The insurance products were solid and the prices were competitive (although I eventually found slightly better options on my own).

A lot of the "quality of work" factors are not controlled by Technisource but instead by the company that you are contracted to. However, Technisource did a great job with all things that they had control of. Unexpected perks included a Christmas party as well as other smaller "lunch" parties throughout the year.

Cons

As with any contracting position, career opportunities and job advancement don't really apply. Likewise, recognition and feedback are usually limited for contractors. If you aren't happy with the work or environment, your only recourse is to leave for a different position. Since you don't actually work for the company that you are contracting at, it's hard to take pride in your company or job. Oftentimes contractors are excluded from the company's events. However, all of these downsides come with the territory of contracting and are largely not controlled by Technisource.

N/A - Being a contract shop, you don't really have much interaction with Technisource Senior Management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Just laid-off from Technisource

Former Employee - Recruiter in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Rochester, NY

I worked at Technisource

Pros

Great people to work with - top notch group that I had the honor to work with. Training is good but there is a lot that you have to learn by trial and error. I had the best manager I could ask for but without her I might have been lost.

Cons

Disorganized merger - territories weren't establish. The merger hindered the ability for offices to continue name recognition - clients and candidates were confused.

Communicate better, give praise when praise is deserved but don't pick favorites - unless you don't want a team environment.

PS I got laid-off this week and I hit my targets in fact I exceeded my targets. I had no idea I would be cut. My GP #'s for 08 were mid-level in my office - I never even have had a call from Senior Management to pick my numbers up. It shocked my whole office - everyone was upset - it was the worst expereince. Save yourselves now!!! Do not let this happen to you. I loved everyone I worked with but my VP canned me without any indication I was on the list.

Technisoure is a barely adequate place to work.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Technisource

Pros

They had a contract opportunity in my Java development area.

Cons

Not much contact with the home office. Pay rates are below average.

Have more contact with your employees and pay them what they are worth.

There are newer employer reviews for Technisource