Technisource

www.technisource.com
There are newer employer reviews for Technisource

Ok place to start depending on where you get started at

Current Employee - Customer Support Agents in Mechanicsburg, PA
Current Employee - Customer Support Agents in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Technisource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment to work over all, their Mechanicsburg, Pa location has staff, managers, and workers over all. The location also has a decent sized break room downstairs and ok one upstairs, the company over all is very pleasant and always willing to help you out with inquires about salary/pay, environment changes, and benefits. They will accommodate you often if you have special needs or health issues and even are understanding of medical or mental health problems and willing to help you make up hours if you miss some due to doctor / dentist / therapist visits. Sometimes they provide you with free breakfast or lunch and cake each month for Birthdays.

Cons

Not alot of job growth in-house unless you know someone, replace someone, or get a new 'contract'. Since Randstand's take over the contracts are a little more long-term and you could be terminated at any point in time if they decide a contract is not needed, typically this would mean you get moved over but if you refuse them or you just can not do them you get denied any Unemployment benefits! The place also has a pension for misleading you about certain things especially during special weeks like Customer Service Appreciation or Tech Support Specials. They also limit you to 5 sick days and 80 hours of vacation; this was a change from 2009 where they provided you with 160hrs of any-use time, now you get occurrences for being late, leaving early, or a sick day that was unexpected. One other Con is that the company will also do everything they can to screw you on over time; instead of paying you they often offer time off...which is ok when you want it but not ok when they wont pay you. Also they have a bad turn-around for employees, after only a few days some of the newbies will leave due to misleading advertisement of positions or will want to transfer elsewhere when they learn they weren't given all the information.

Petition to get the excused sick days increased from 5 a year to at least 9 a year because 5 won't last beyond May for most people with cold and flu season. Also if you promise a day off but suddenly forget but have the request in font of you anyway, at least arrange it with employees so they wont get screwed with doctor appointment late fees.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Technisource (View Most Recent)

Great company to get foot in the door, great pay, friendly work environment

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Technisource full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, friendly work environment, good way to start in the IT world, on site managers at client company, open ended contract with room for advancement, GREAT client company, flexible hours with plenty of opportunity for overtime, weekly pay is great to help manage bills, client offers 401K option, casual dress, 12 hours shifts working on a 3 days on 2 off 2 on 3 off, earn paid vacation time, very nice facility at client company

Cons

recruiters tend to be out of state, hard to communicate with recruiter by phone but will get response by email, can take a bit of time for the on boarding process, health benefit plans are VERY expensive.

try to have recruiters that are closer to employee, at least in the same time zone, making it easier to contact by phone

This was the most unprofessional company I ever worked for!

Former Employee - Web Design in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Web Design in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Technisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck. There is the possibility to be hired by the client. This is a short-term place to work, there is extremely high attrition because the environment.

Cons

I endured months of workplace bullying from my manager. I went to HR for help twice and was ignored. Finally, I was released from my contract in retaliation for my complaints, saying I was just not the right fit. This company lacks any workplace morals or ethics. They do not value their employees and they are only margins to them.

Treat your employees like assets instead of margins.

There are newer employer reviews for Technisource