A Working Experience Worse than Anything I Could Have Imagined

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I now understand just how utterly vindictive and abusive a company can really be.

Cons

This "job" is a scam. 1. They're training program is about a week long. You will not be paid for training. 2. You are required to pay for the cost of your own drug test. 3. In the interview they will tell you that you can expect to earn $2000 per month. This is a bald faced lie. Be advised: the market for privatized energy has been saturated. There is very little money to be made selling it, and it is 100% commission. 4. You will be expected to work 6 days a week, 12 hours per day. Again, this is 100% commission, so if you don't make anything, you are out of luck. 5. When I was forced to quit that "job" since it was not paying my bills, and I was unable to actively search for work while working there (since I was working 72 hours per week), and was forced to file for unemployment through the military, they went out of their way to tell the Texas Workforce Commission that they were my employer, which is also a bald-faced lie. Because I filed W9s, and not W4s with them, technically, I was self-employed, and not an employee of their company; a fact they went out of their way to point out during the training program. This is why they are able to make you work without actually paying you; and because of this, they never paid a red cent in unemployment taxes for me -- and yet they told the TWC that I had been an employee of theirs. Complete falsehood. I now have to go through a lengthy appeals process to get my unemployment benefits, and in the meantime, my rent is coming due. I will probably have to borrow money from my parents or temporarily accept a high school caliber job (after a career as a military officer) because of these crooks. These people will steal your life, pay you nothing, and then go out of their way to urinate on your corpse. STAY AWAY.

Advice to Management

Conning people into working for nothing is one thing. Going out of your way to screw with them after the fact is indefensible.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

You can make more money working at mcdonalds

Former Contractor - Team Leader in Plano, TX
    Former Contractor - Team Leader in Plano, TX

I worked at Tecomax as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very independent since you are an independent contractor. You can get promoted in just a few days.

Cons

This company pays its sales reps 100% commission. I was a team leader and had 28 people on my team excluding myself. I worked about 75+ hours a week and made a little over $100 dollars. You will not get paid what you are supposed to. You are also a independent contractor meaning what you make is before you pay taxes.

Advice to Management

Do not take this job. You will make so much more working minimum wage at McDonalds.

real opportunity

I worked at Tecomax full-time

Pros

You have the abilty to start with little to no experience. there is plenty of room for growth if your willing to put in the time and dedicatino there really is GOOD MONEY IN THIS COMPANY. just with any real JOB you get back what you put in. and thats exactly what they build this company around.

Cons

The only con is just like with any company who lets someone go for not doing what their supose to people want to brand smash or say mean things out of anger and they should not .

Advice to Management

yall are great speakers and do a fantastic job trying to help every person you can just keep it up and dont let all these trash talkers get you down.