There are newer employer reviews for Ted Baker London

Double Standards

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, England (UK)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Ted Baker London

Pros

Employee Discount
Sociable, friendly, busy
Learn about fashion

Cons

Boring
Bad management
Unfair workload
Tiring, long hours

Listen to your team more

42 Other Employee Reviews for Ted Baker London (View Most Recent)

Excellent Experience at Lenox Atlanta

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love everything about working at Ted! Great pay for working retail, great team, nice bonus checks, the product practically sells itself. --I have to address some of the Atlanta reviews because I'm feeling like bitter individuals are just spreading utter lies and I wouldn't want anyone considering working for Ted Lenox to confused-- A. The person who claimed to be a current employee at Ted who go fired for being overweight HAD to be a bogus review. Who are you?!? I'm a female and by far the biggest female on our team (size 14-16) and my job has never been threatened because if it. That review was just bogus. B. I don't know whether this reviewer had a different manager then me but we definitely don't have weak leadership. Ken is the current manager and he's pretty awesome. You don't have to take my word, obviously we are doing very well under his management. A manager doesn't have to be a tool to be respected.
    The team actually has a great manager and assistant manager who are both excellent communicators and fun to work with. You will never be confused about where you stand and what you need to improve on. Both managers, while respected, are fun to be around. Definitely not the typical dreaded feeling in retail of having your manager breath down your neck constantly or anything. Everyone is well trained and equipped to do things for themselves and take initiative without being told to.

Cons

While I have no qualms with my team there are a few minor cons about working in a concession store inside of Bloomingdales

Size 5-- I don't like the fact that we do not carry a size 5 in store! Nordstrom has it and it creates competition where it shouldn't be since we obviously have the fuller Ted collection.

No benefits-- I don't like that as a part timer I don't receive benefits. Insurance outside of a company is always more costly for less coverage.

Bloomingdales-- The most annoying, if not ONLY annoying thing about working in a concession store is being in the middle of Bloomingdales shark-like sales people who don't always value connecting with the customer and selling the merchandise in a fashion that will avoid returns. It can be very frustrating. I do find myself having to guard my sales from bloomies associates and keep the peace to avoid severing relationships on the floor, its a balancing act.

Bloomingdales Return Policy- The return policy just sucks. I don't know how else to say it. They take back everything, and in a town where stylists return worn things constantly and people simply buy things knowing they are going to wear an item once and return it, the store has GOT to hold customers and sales clerks taking back returns more accountable.

None. I'm pretty satisfied with the company overall.

Great company to work for, great chances to grow

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots's of positions to grown in the company

Cons

The leadership in most of managers should be more professional.

Micro-managment