There are newer employer reviews for Ted Baker London

Okay company but could be better

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Ted Baker London full-time

Pros

concessions are in luxury department stores (good for CV), friendly colleagues, high staff turnover (always jobs available), employee discount

Cons

bad management, high staff turnover (always dealing with newbies who don't know the ropes), have to pay for expensive uniform, bad pay (we are the lowest paid workers in the luxury department stores), not paid overtime (paid in holidays instead which is a hassle)

3 items of uniform should be given to full-time staff for free, 1 item should be given to part-timers, up pay packet by at least a euro an hour, stop nonsense with paying in holidays, pay bonuses in such a way that we are not taxed on them, restructure your management, organise rotas one month in advance, don't allow staff to "cover" in another store(as I have been doing for the past while)

41 Other Employee Reviews for Ted Baker London (View Most Recent)

Double Standards

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Ted Baker London

Pros

Employee Discount
    Sociable, friendly, busy
    Learn about fashion

Cons

Boring
    Bad management
    Unfair workload
    Tiring, long hours

Listen to your team more

Excellent Experience at Lenox Atlanta

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ted Baker London part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love everything about working at Ted! Great pay for working retail, great team, nice bonus checks, the product practically sells itself. --I have to address some of the Atlanta reviews because I'm feeling like bitter individuals are just spreading utter lies and I wouldn't want anyone considering working for Ted Lenox to confused-- A. The person who claimed to be a current employee at Ted who go fired for being overweight HAD to be a bogus review. Who are you?!? I'm a female and by far the biggest female on our team (size 14-16) and my job has never been threatened because if it. That review was just bogus. B. I don't know whether this reviewer had a different manager then me but we definitely don't have weak leadership. Ken is the current manager and he's pretty awesome. You don't have to take my word, obviously we are doing very well under his management. A manager doesn't have to be a tool to be respected.
    The team actually has a great manager and assistant manager who are both excellent communicators and fun to work with. You will never be confused about where you stand and what you need to improve on. Both managers, while respected, are fun to be around. Definitely not the typical dreaded feeling in retail of having your manager breath down your neck constantly or anything. Everyone is well trained and equipped to do things for themselves and take initiative without being told to.

Cons

While I have no qualms with my team there are a few minor cons about working in a concession store inside of Bloomingdales

Size 5-- I don't like the fact that we do not carry a size 5 in store! Nordstrom has it and it creates competition where it shouldn't be since we obviously have the fuller Ted collection.

No benefits-- I don't like that as a part timer I don't receive benefits. Insurance outside of a company is always more costly for less coverage.

Bloomingdales-- The most annoying, if not ONLY annoying thing about working in a concession store is being in the middle of Bloomingdales shark-like sales people who don't always value connecting with the customer and selling the merchandise in a fashion that will avoid returns. It can be very frustrating. I do find myself having to guard my sales from bloomies associates and keep the peace to avoid severing relationships on the floor, its a balancing act.

Bloomingdales Return Policy- The return policy just sucks. I don't know how else to say it. They take back everything, and in a town where stylists return worn things constantly and people simply buy things knowing they are going to wear an item once and return it, the store has GOT to hold customers and sales clerks taking back returns more accountable.

None. I'm pretty satisfied with the company overall.

There are newer employer reviews for Ted Baker London

Worked for Ted Baker London? Contribute to the Community!