Teekay
www.teekay.com Vancouver, Canada

A dynamic company to work for if your goals lie in Corporate Management & Strategy.

Offshore Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Teekay full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMultinational workforce & dynamic organisation due to the industry of the company. Many new avenues to further ones career in the shipping and offshore industry with the market leader.

ConsToo rigid as far as introduction of new comer´sto organisation goes. You are constantly watched. More like the management wants you to make an error rather than help you solve it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLossen up.

Full of cliques and bad behaviour.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Teekay

Pros: Structured compensation package, very transparent. Some staff are very nice… Cons: Leadership is inconsistent. Direction/expectations depend 100% on the person to whom you report and it can change regularly. Many poeple were inappropriate or immature; managment… Advice to Senior Management: Keep an eye on your middle managment. Some of them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Teekay full-time

Pros: opportunities to develop and stretch yourself Cons: sometimes too many cooks in kitchen and getting things approved… Advice to Senior Management: continue to listen to and empower employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Teekay.

Worked for Teekay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teekay reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teekay CEO Peter Evensen. All reviews posted anonymously by Teekay employees.