Teekay
www.teekay.com Vancouver, Canada

Used to be a great company, but poor management and CEO

Human Resources (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits, nice sincere people to work with

ConsTerrible communication within the company, the CEO does not know how to interact with his employees. Unfortunately CEO and management does not execute communication properly within the company. CEO does not have people skills and comes off as untrustworthy. Just check the employee surveys to confirm this.

Advice to Senior ManagementLosing great talent to the competition should be something to think about. What was once a world class company is now an average run of the mill organization.

A dynamic company to work for if your goals lie in Corporate Management & Strategy.

Offshore Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Teekay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Multinational workforce & dynamic organisation due to the industry of the company. Many new… Cons: Too rigid as far as introduction of new comerĀ“sto organisation goes. You are constantly watched.… Advice to Senior Management: Lossen up. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Full of cliques and bad behaviour.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Teekay

Pros: Structured compensation package, very transparent. Some staff are very nice… Cons: Leadership is inconsistent. Direction/expectations depend 100% on the person to whom you report and it can change regularly. Many poeple were inappropriate or immature; managment… Advice to Senior Management: Keep an eye on your middle managment. Some of them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Teekay.

Worked for Teekay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teekay reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teekay CEO Peter Evensen. All reviews posted anonymously by Teekay employees.