awesome place

Former Employee - Developer in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Developer in Washington, DC

I worked at TekMasters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

treat employees like family great benefits decent work life balance

Cons

still a growing organization - i expect it to grow a lot faster in the next few years

Advice to Management

continue pushing employees for excellence

TekMasters Response

Oct 13, 2014 – Partner

Thank you so much for your feedback! We never viewed our "growing" status as a con. We love to be considered up and coming!

Other Employee Reviews for TekMasters

1. Human Resources Administrator

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TekMasters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, exciting work environment. Tons of employee events that are very fun. Growing company, and lots of room to grow your career.

Cons

The office can be chaotic, but everyone works together.

2. Interesting work, team environment, family friendly.

I have been working at TekMasters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined TekMasters as it was a company that shared my values and vision for current and future career growth and I have not been disappointed. From the start; leadership has encouraged outside the box thinking, self-directed learning and on the job training without being micro-managers but accessible when I do have a question. Work-life balance is important to me as well and I can truly say I've been continually impressed with TekMasters on this topic. Advancement will come organically because they are conducting business the right way and I drive to work with purpose; actually wanting to get there and start my day. I don't know many people who can say the same.

Cons

Nothing to report here. I find many Glassdoor reviews to be overly critical of employers due to the anonymity it affords the employee writing the review. If I were to voice any cons here, it would fly in the face of the trust, flexibility, open-communication, hard work ethic, and determination that leadership has shown me in regard to keeping an open dialogue with me as an employee. I have seen leadership continually work to change what they can and explain the "why" behind things that they can't change. That's all any employee can ask of their employer in today's workforce. This is why I choose not to voice any cons here on this site; extending the same courtesy TekMasters management has extended to me by being forthright, honest and transparent to me when there is something awry and we have always come together as a team to either fix or at least understand anything that could be viewed as not-positive.

Advice to Management

Nothing to change in my mind. I would say keep it up and if it's not broken; don't fix it.