RUN! This is NOT a good place to work if you intend to have any kind of life outside of the job

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Plano, TX
Former Employee - Program Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Tektronix

Pros

Good pay level, good location. Fairly modern technology. That is all I can think of at the moment, and that is thinking hard.

Cons

I had the worst time of my career working there. The Tektronix Communications group located in Texas is the result of a badly executed acquisition. Their product is poorly supported and way overpriced, so the few customers left are very unhappy. Management wants you to spend days, nights and weekends working, they call it a "high performing team". PM turover is huge. AVOID! If I had known what I know now I would have taken another job for a few dollars less easily and avoid the terrible experiece.

Notice how many valuable people you are loosing, how can that be good for the company?

Other Reviews for Tektronix

Old and New culture hard to mingle

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Tektronix

Pros

good pay. Easy work, you were stereotyped into your job and there was no way out. If you did a job good there was no hope for moving up.

Cons

Too many primadonna's riding the shirt tail of their old manager protecting them for their ignorance.

ride the wave

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Production Planner  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Production Planner in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Tektronix

Pros

Flexible, great work environment, decent pay

Cons

New ownership providing challenges, very senior workforce limiting advancement

Be open to new ideas and keep a open mind. Business needs and challenges evolve over time. Listen to the people they are in the trenches eveyday

There are newer employer reviews for Tektronix.

Worked for Tektronix? Contribute to the Community!