Telcordia
www.telcordia.com Piscataway, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company but facing lots of competition

Product Market Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Telcordia

ProsThe work is interesting and the people are generally very skilled and knowledgeable in their field. The compensation and benefits are good, but New Jersey is very expensive. Downsizing has resulted in a smaller group of people who must achieve a great deal, so even new employees are given lots of responsibility.

ConsTelcordia still relies on their previous role as in-house R&D for the regional Bell companies, even though those companies are, by and large, gone. For new customers, they must compete and their competitive position limits career advancement. Also, many of the current managers are hold-overs from the Bell System days. They have few contacts in the industry at large and are not plugged into networks that can held Telcordia succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake products competitive with best in class. Focus energy and resources on several products for new markets that can succeed on a broad basis, around the world.

The toll of working at Telcordia is too much...

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)
Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Telcordia

Pros: Telcordia had come up with some of the Generic Requirements for Telcomm industries. It is… Cons: The pay increases at Telcordia are incredibly small. For example, when every one from the CEO to the SVP mention about a great year,… Advice to Senior Management: You need to pay top $ to retain talent within… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I was happy - then I got a job at Telcordia

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Telcordia

Pros: If you are in telecommunications and are planning on staying there, Telcordia is the place to be. With the installed base they have,… Cons: The pay is awful - salaries are alright, but bonuses and… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of as much dead weight as possible - of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Telcordia.

Worked for Telcordia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Telcordia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Telcordia CEO Mark T. Greenquist. All reviews posted anonymously by Telcordia employees.