TeleCommunication Systems

www.telecomsys.com

A fine place to work with good people

Senior Manager of Engineering (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA

ProsTCS (navigation division) is more interested in progress than blame. They are aggressive in work and deadlines, but they don't play the blame game when things go wrong. They just concentrate on how to get things going and complete.

The people were friendly and helpful.

Technical management knows both technical areas and management.

They hold bi-weekly recognition meetings for people who have contributed to the latest releases and deadlines.

A nice place to work. I only left due to relocation issues.

ConsThere is a pervasive sense of urgency that can lead to feeling pressured. Like any company, they have challenges with too much work and not enough people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is unique to my situation. I relocated to the Aliso Viejo site from Chicago, and it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble if I'd been able to bring my wife there prior to accepting the offer. That would have revealed that the relocation wasn't going to work, and saved everyone some trouble. For senior positions where a relo is called for, I think this should be policy.

Management constrained

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

I worked at TeleCommunication Systems

Pros: Expsoure to new technology and travel. Cons: Management constrained employeed indivduality. Dont recognize indidual accomplishments, very "follow… Advice to Senior Management: listen to your employees...be open/ask for communication... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Poor Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at TeleCommunication Systems

Pros: Interesting technology and many very good hard working people to… Cons: Management does not try to make the work environment better. Too many inexperienced management and poor leadership. No time for training, way too many projects… Advice to Senior Management: Lighten the workload and actually listen to the employees when suggestions are made. It is called… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TeleCommunication Systems.

Worked for TeleCommunication Systems? Contribute to the Community!