TeleCommunication Systems

There are newer employer reviews for TeleCommunication Systems

TCS Seattle

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TeleCommunication Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company promotes higher ed, certifications, good facility, good location, good co-workers, good benefits at a good cost to employee, team building activities like annual picnic is the best

Cons

facility is cramped, individual work space is small

share long term planning with employees

99 Other Employee Reviews for TeleCommunication Systems (View Most Recent)

Engineer's Dream

Current Employee - 911 Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - 911 Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TeleCommunication Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Complex and challenging - my dream come true! Planning is so much better than the old days. I'm glad for the new management and like where we are going. We have a strategy that is communicated. There is a genuine concern to produce quality and exceed customer demands. Sometimes these sites are overblown with negativity so I'm going to put the good story out there.

Cons

The work day is long and we have so much going on that it's fun, but tiring, too.

Keep it up!

I like this place

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TeleCommunication Systems

Pros

Work here is more complex that imaginable for a 911 service. Many problems are technically difficult to solve and I like that. The benefits are pretty good compared to similar companies I have worked in. The company needed to change and my Sr. Management is focused on that. Many weak players have left - some complained on this website I think. We are adding products and services that focus on increasing revenue and keeping jobs secure in this crazy economy. We seem to have a vision that is communicated to everyone in the SB unit. The technical teams have been weeded down to the strong and those who like to work as a team. HR cares about the employees and gets involved.

Cons

The work is not easy so it is not for everyone. Schedules are driven by customers so sometimes the hours are long. I disliked the number of weak team mates, but most have left or been asked to leave, I guess. The processes take too long for buying necessary stuff.

Keep going. Change is good.

There are newer employer reviews for TeleCommunication Systems