There are newer employer reviews for TeleCommunication Systems

No business strategy, devalued stock, ongoing layoffs, low morale

I have been working at TeleCommunication Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

none I can think of

Cons

No clear business strategy. Management keeps laying off big groups of people every 3-4 months to improve short-term financial outlook. No bonuses or salary raises. Benefits are getting significantly worse every year.

95 Other Employee Reviews for TeleCommunication Systems (View Most Recent)

Nav and Telematics Division has no plan, strategy nor innovation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at TeleCommunication Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some great employees are still around from NIM days holding this place together.

Cons

Division management has no clue how to run a company. Management makes irrational decisions, ignores process, cuts corners to meet deadlines with half baked product. As a result, customers are not satisfied, employees are over stressed, commitments are broken, and plans are unrealistic before the deals are sealed.

Management has no clue how to manage high-tech company. Engineering standards are obsolete, QA is a joke, responsibility is non existent. Efficiency is at its lowest levels - employees are forced to keep going in circles, test irrelevant cases, patch patches, etc.

Innovation and strategy is absent all together which makes many think this places is just an outsourcing shop.

Product Management has not created a single great product in several years - all new features are requested by customers. Product Managers don't understand the technology, user experience nor can they forecast tomorrows trends, there is no strategic initiative.

Corporate Management needs to:
    let go all of Senior Management at this Division
    review engineering standards and division structure
    hire product managers that will innovate
    get all employees involved in beta testing
    have managers/leads be responsible for their team performance
    create a realistic road map and plan for the division

This place is going down hill fast

Current Employee - Engineering Director  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at TeleCommunication Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have good technology but our leadership is clueless. We know that Verizon is solely dependent on us and we can keep charging them NRE to stay afloat. With over 350 patents one would think we can grow our business.

Cons

New execs in Aliso Viejo have no clue and are milking money from Annapolis. Our stock has fallen more than 90% and nobody seems to care. Why are we so dependent on VZW when the marriage has failed.

Management in HQ should fire every AV exec -- they are all milking Annapolis. The entire team should be no more than 50 people. Our engineering is so expensive that we cannot make business sense. There is no growth and the fights between products and engineering continue.

There are newer employer reviews for TeleCommunication Systems

Worked for TeleCommunication Systems? Contribute to the Community!